Quality Control Specialist
The Compl Bus Control Intmd Anlyst is a developing professional role. Deals with most problems independently and has some latitude to solve complex problems. Integrates in-depth specialty area knowledge with a solid understanding of industry standards and practices. Good understanding of how the team and area integrate with others in accomplishing the objectives of the subfunction/ job family. Applies analytical thinking and knowledge of data analysis tools and methodologies. Requires attention to detail when making judgments and recommendations based on the analysis of factual information. Typically deals with variable issues with potentially broader business impact. Applies professional judgment when interpreting data and results. Breaks down information in a systematic and communicable manner. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to exchange potentially complex/sensitive information. Moderate but direct impact through close contact with the businesses' core activities. Quality and timeliness of service provided will affect the effectiveness of own team and other closely related teams. Responsibilities:
- Contributes to the resolution of cross-functional or cross business issues designed to ensure business compliance with laws, regulations, and policy requirements across key/complex risk levels.
- Utilizes the Issue Management processes and project management methodology from the initiation, planning, control requirements, execution, and closing phases of each issue.
- May support any area of the business (organizationally, regionally or product-wise) from an issue/project perspective.
- Liaises with Senior Business Level Officers, Legal, Risk, and Compliance regarding complex matters.
- Conducts targeted, mandatory or ad hoc Control Tests & Reviews for a department or group.
- Resolves problems or transactions where expertise is required to interpret problems/transactions against policies, guidelines or processes.
- Analyzes documentation and processes to ensure risks and control points are properly addressed, and are in accordance with Risk and Control Self-Assessments Policies.
- Contributes to work flow or process change and redesign.
- May be accountable for regular reporting or process administration.
- Forms a strong understanding of specific function or area.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 2-5 years of relevant control and/or project experience
- High attention to detail and quality
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with an emphasis on MS Excel
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective planning and organizational skills
- Proven ability to make sound business decisions
- Experience in creating and implementing processes that result in improved business performance
- Ability to present a compelling case for ideas and initiatives through listening and articulating a convincing point of view
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience
Compliance and Control Job Family:
Business Control Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting