QE Tester - Linguistic
Lead Quality Engineer Qualification
: Test Requirement Analysis
: • Identify requirement defects by adopting shift left levers eg
Requirement Ambiguity Matrix, ADPART ,and other cognizant solution accelerators
- * Perform KT on user stories.
- • Design estimates (time /effort) based on the requirements analysis.
- In case of critical technology, create test scripts and seek review inputs from the test lead.
- • Understand and analyze the requirements (through review of requirement document) to identify the testable requirements.
- • Prioritize the requirements based on the time required.
- • Prepare highlevel flow documents.
- • Organize and drive the requirement walkthrough session.
- Prepare/Review the flow diagrams.
- • Seek clarification on the requirements from the customer.
Test Strategy and Test Planning
- Perform Proof of concepts or evaluate different tools if required.
- • Document the test plan based on the understanding of test strategy (covering project details, items under scope, items out of scope, type of testing, assumptions, dependencies, risks foreseen, entry/exit criteria) for each cycle.
- • Seek signoff on the test plan from the client.
- • Provide inputs for test plan creation including number of test scenarios and test cases used for estimation of the test cycles /schedule, dependencies etcin addition to the other dependencies from various teams like environment availability , third party interfaces and test data etc.
- * Participate in collaborative sprint goal definition session to determine what the team plans to achieve during the sprint.
Test Design Techniques (Design principles/tools/patterns)
- Participation in status calls/meetings between onsite and offshore teams to discuss the project status.
- • Identify the test scenarios based on the understanding of systems, interfaces and application.
- • Identify end to end business critical scenarios.
- * Assist / support development team in unit test automation, identify environment dependencies, deployment strategies, build release cycle, test data dependencies etc.
- • Create/Review the test scenarios (created by the Quality Engineer.
- * Identify and validate test scenarios for automation.
- * Perform In Sprint automation.
- * Perform Automation Script Maintenance.
- • Share created test scripts with test lead for review.
- • Conduct pilot automation test run to validate the test scripts.
- • Validate the test environment set up.
- • Participate in customer review meetings and seek sign off by customer on the review comments.
- • Identify regression scenario and the impacted areas on need basis.
- • Perform effective automation through automated code coverage tools/ manual code review with minimal review comments.
Coding Practices & Defect Management
- • Develop supporting structures for all test automation including mocks, stubs, & test harnesses.
- • Able to estimate and commit task level effort and deliver activities on time.
- • Effective technical communication by participating in architectural/design reviews.
- • Performance Development Process.
- • Comprehensive understanding of full development lifecycle and is actively involved in all phases.
- • Participate in the defect triages to gather evidence for defect identification on periodic basis for defect prioritization and fix.
- • Track defect metrics to ensure testing effectiveness as generated by tool.
Test Execution (Automation/Specialized testing)
- * Involvement with development teams, architects early in the project life cycle to identify the dependencies on architecture design, coding standards, deployment environment, deployment methodologies.
- • Test the defect and update the status, if required.
- • Conduct root cause analysis of the defects logged.
- • Conduct dry run/smoke testing to ensure scripts readiness.
- • Perform high level/Sanity testing to ensure testing is intact.
- • Provide automation/white box and other status to Test Lead/Test Manager.
- • Develop automated test scripts using technology concepts.
- • Create test automation framework that suites the application under test using the identified test automation tool.
- • Incorporate the automated tests into continuous integration process.
- * Coordinate with the stakeholders to make gono go decision based on test results and test closure summary report.
- * Possess knowlesdge on continous integration practices & identify appropriate CI tools based on project development model.
- * Ensure CI Setup is done for each round and job creation is done using CI tools.
- * Perform Frequent monitoring & Failure analysis will be done.
- * Perform Script fixing for any errors/issues.
- * Status is shared to onsite across all teams.
Technology consulting Research & analysis
- * Frequent Optimization /Maintenance.
- • Support business on faster timetomarket activities.
- • Adopt best practices to maximize savings and minimize redundancy.
- Feasibility Study - new technology/ framework concept.
- • Develop and sustain positive relationships with peers.
- * Identify training needs of team members.
- * Identify, groom, reward and develop high performers.
Knowledge & Innovation Management
- * Resolve escalated conflicts and grievances.
- * Creation of knowledge base with quality test automation process documents.
- * Coordinate with team members, to upload the relevant document in knowledge management portals and keep it updated with the latest document.
- * Improvise already existing processes based on the experience.
- * Institutionalize systems and processes in place to implement innovation suggestion made by the team (eg adoption of Cognizant proprietary best practices / tools, process optimization like usage of tools, automation, etc ).
- * Identify the time and cost savings made due to adoption of the best practices.
Project , Configuration & release Management
- * Foster innovative culture in project team.
- * Possess fundamental of software configuration management including revision control and the establishment of baselines.
- * Possess handson working knowledge of atleast 2 software configuration management tools.
- • Adhere to all customer standards, policies and governance practices.
- * Strong project management knowledge with ability to create plan, identify dependencies, risks & constraints & mitigation plans.
- * Create timely status reports & provide timely deliverables & upload in project management tools.
- * Identify suitable project metrics & continously track/monitor.
Must Have Skills
- * Able to come up with preventive & corrective actions for risks.
- Appium frmwk based on Selenium