Prime Finance Technology are looking to hire an Analytics Technology Software Engineer to help the Business drive profit and cost saving opportunities through the intelligent use of data analytics. This is a senior software engineering role. The successful candidate will work closely with the Prime Finance Quantitative Research team and the Equity Finance Trading Desk to develop analytics applications within our risk, pricing and trading platform (Athena). The solutions will provide valuable business insights for internal users and external clients. This is a hands on role requiring the design and development of applications. The successful candidate will write code (predominately Python) to enrich and apply statistical analysis to data sets to produce output that will help drive the business forward. A strong mathematical background and keen interest in statistical analysis and AI would be advantageous, as would good knowledge of the Prime Finance business.
Data Analytics and Engineering is an important function within the Global Equities and Prime Technology stack which helps business in predictive analysis and intelligent decision making. This function is going through a strategic technology transformation by adopting state-of-the art and high performance data engine and analysis tools. It is a multi-year program involving Technology and Quantitative Research teams globally. Required Skills
- A strong data and analytics background.
- Minimum 7 years experience with proficiency in Python or a similar language.
- Demonstrable track record of developing impactful applications.
- A degree (Preferably in Mathematics, Computer Science or an Engineering discipline)
- Strong business focus and a clear understanding that technology is the means to achieving business goals.
- Ability to learn and assimilate proprietary systems quickly.
- Strong communication skills.
- Effective partnership skills to work with the business and Quantitative Research teams to ensure requirements are captured correctly.
- Ability to perform in a fast paced environment where time to delivery and/or resolution is critical to protect/increase revenue stream.