Project Manager/ Business Analyst
- HKD4000.00 - HKD6000.00 per day
- Hong Kong
- Contract, Full time
- Hydrogen Group
- 12 Dec 17 2017-12-12
Our Client is a Top Tier Global Bank in Hong Kong, looking for a Senior Project Manager on an 9-month long Maternity Cover contract work in the Global Banking Business.
This position will primarily focus on the Global Banking business.
The Department has developed and currently supports approximately 40 applications as well as a number of 3rd party IT systems.
The key project in the Global Banking business area we are specifically recruiting this position for is eShare which provides global document management support for Restricted and Highly Restricted Deal related documents based on IBM FileNet & COSI Insight technology (with interfaces to email, MS Office, Windows Explorer and the insiders register).
eShare is a highly visible, Tier 1 system with a large number of global stakeholders. There are a number of streams to the programme which requires a disciplined project management approach
An IT project manager is required to lead this work managing directly a team of circa 20 staff whilst leveraging technical specialists from across the organisation.
- Responsibility for all aspects of the IT workstream over the entire life including
- Execution of the agreed delivery plan from a technical perspective
- Managing day-to-day key team members, tracking task completion, modifying the plan to reflect actual progress and ensuring dependencies are understood and proactively managed
- Managing costs; tracking project cost and ensuring material variances are discussed with the programme manager; ensure projected forecasts are kept up to-date
- Managing issues and risks; closing the former on a timely basis and ensuring mitigating actions are in place for major risks
- Reporting status; both at a project level and to the programme manager; ensuring key stakeholders receive "no surprises"
- Ensure business requirements are met or exceeded, on time and within budget in line with business targets
- Ensure quality gates/milestones are defined, tracked and completed in a timely manner
- Ensure that the project is planned in coordination with the Department's PMO, Programme Manager, Infrastructure, Business, Data Quality, Resourcing and Testing
- Become recognised as the IT "go to" person for the project both within the department GB&CF and in dealing with other teams.
- Identify and engage all key stakeholders, contributors and business and technical resources that must participate in the assigned projects and ensure that contributors are motivated to complete assigned tasks within the parameters of the project plan
- Agree as part of project planning the appropriate project methodology and set-out which project artefacts are required.
- Facilitate and chair regular IT project meetings and follow-up with project team members as required to focus on business and operational issues or technical issues, documenting, assigning and monitoring all project issues to ensure clearance with minimal impact to project progress;
- Manage project resources, as assigned to undertake the project.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant internal instructions (FIMs, GSMs, circulars) and external regulatory requirements, including the management of operational risk and adherence to the Group's standards of ethical behaviour
- Create an environment that is open to and prepared for change, including identifying and overcoming resistance to change
- Provide feedback to functional managers regarding individual's performance
- Report into programme manager and work closely with BA Lead, contributing to BA tasks/ projects where necessary
- Strong technical and analytical background, with ability to challenge development team where appropriate and understand the detail when/ if necessary
- Experience in an Agile environment and full knowledge of SCRUM framework
- Experience in managing a large team
- Proven track record in managing multi-location projects in an international investment bank
- Broad overall understanding of the full investment banking value chain and the context within which Banking operates
- Proven ability to build strong internal and the ability to influence management at all levels
- Experience in delivering change through different methodologies and the experience to know which is appropriate in which circumstance
- Experience of working with Offshore business and development teams
- Experience eliciting/ analysing requirements and following through to become technical solutions
- A passion for excellence; both "doing the right thing" and "doing things right"
- Able to build strong relationships with other functions and business units and to interface and influence senior managers in the organisation
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills both to individuals and when presenting to large forums, including MD's and senior stakeholders
- Ability to challenge the status quo and suggest viable alternative approaches
- A high level of drive to meet deadlines and targets
- Ability to prioritise, be flexible and respond to changing environment
Hydrogen Group Pte Ltd. EA No: 09S2930