Project Manager - Digital Products Group - FCS - Hong Kong
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services Industry/Sector
Not Applicable Specialism
IFS - Information Technology (IT) Management Level
Manager Job Description & Summary
A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. Our Information Technology Generalist - Practice Support team focuses on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing internal applications, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for PwC to drive strategic business growth.
As the Project Manager you will lead the application ideation, development and execution of our client projects. You will work closely with Client Stakeholders, internal Tech Leads and subject matter specialists throughout the software development lifecycle, often with 1 to 2 projects running in parallel.
PwC is currently seeking individuals who are responsible, passionate and motivated to build scalable, differentiated products that make a meaningful change to clients' business
Responsibilities would include the following:
- Lead project planning of project management, scope management, time & cost management, resources management and risk management
- Hold accountable for project execution and delivery to achieve project goal within timeframe and resources availability
- Work closely with development team, technical team, and business personnel to align business and technical requirements to deliver solutions to our clients
- Maintain relationships with vendor, client and stakeholders
- Monitor and control project effectiveness and ensure quality of deliverables
- Communicate, resolve risks and impediments, and coordinate changes related to project development initiatives, escalate when necessary
Reporting structure & key relationships
The role will operate in a team of product owners, business analysts, tech leads, developers, UIUX designers and sales specialists.
- 6+ years of experience in software development, systems integration, data migration or other technical development projects
- 6+ years working as part of a software development team, with at least 2 years as a manager role
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful software application through agile lifecycle
- Experience in client engagements and effectively communicating to senior stakeholders
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to work effectively with cross functional teams
- Strong written and spoken skills in Mandarin and English.
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information technology or similar is preferred.
- Experience with cyber security, data migration and/or system integration is a plus.
- Holder of project management certifications (e.g. PMP/ PMI/Scrum etc.) will be an advantage.
Key personal attributes
- Proven success in leading small teams in challenging and collaborative environment Exceptional business acumen and practical knowledge to understand application of current and emerging technologies to deliver business values
- A driven and enthusiastic leader who constantly anticipates problems, seek new ways to fulfil customer needs and improve work effectiveness
- Proven track record in achieving significant outcomes through influence and persuasion of multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Creative problem solving with ability to deliver workable solutions/designs under tight timeframes with limited budgets
- Innate curiosity and openness to new ideas. Possess a strong passion for learning & understanding new and emerging technologies, techniques, tools, etc.
- Demonstrate commitment and leadership to the principles of the PwC experience
The PwC China (including Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau) does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of PwC China (including Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau). PwC China (including Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau) is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under the local law. Education
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred: Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified) Desired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified) Travel Requirements
Not Specified Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Yes Government Clearance Required?
No Job Posting End Date