A top-tier investment bank is looking for a high calibre Project Manager to join the China programme team.
This individual will work with various stakeholders within the Business to assist in the delivery of multiple China initiatives. Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Liaise with multiple work streams within a complex China regulatory landscape.
- Liaise with Programme Management on all aspects of the project.
- Assist in the coordination and preparation for all China Programme governance and steering committees.
- Provide appropriate status communications to governance forums, stakeholders and clients.
- Assist in the delivery of all China Programme Project Lifecycle (PLC) phases and System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) requirements.
- Work closely with Business Analysts to produce detailed process analysis, develop business requirements and work to translate these into functional specifications.
- Assist in the development of implementation strategies and project plans; liaise with other Project Managers to update their project schedules and provide assistance in the planning and execution of their project portfolios.
- Develop and implement strategy for the control and tracking of project related items including issues, assumptions, dependencies and associated costs and resources.
- Develop a strategy for and provide project communications, including documentation repository, website, meeting information and stakeholder engagement.
- Identify and capture risks and exceptions and subsequently monitor, track and manage.
- Being compliant with the bank’s project management standards.
- Project governance on risk, financials, resources, scope, communication, timeline, post-go-live monitoring.
- 4-8 years’ experience in a project management role with leading enterprise-wide regulatory initiatives gained from having worked within the capital markets’ trading industry (derivatives and equities) at a global investment bank (or consultancy).
- Experience in a regulatory project management office preferred.
- Sound knowledge of regulatory and risk reporting in trades and transactions would be favourable.
- Sound experience in Technology environments (implementation of both large-scale and end-user technology solutions) would be an advantage.
- Good understanding of the Project Lifecycle (PLC) and System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) components.
- Ability to manage multiple projects or work streams essential.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, with an ability to create high quality written products that are comprehensive, accurate and tailored to the audience crucial.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with an ability to work effectively across all levels of the organization, with excellent influencing and negotiation skills.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage multiple demands and changing priorities.
- MS-Project, MS Excel, and general MS-Office skills essential.
- Fluent in English and Mandarin is a must.