Programme Test Manager (For a 12 months contract)
- Hong Kong
- Contract, Full time
- Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited
- 18 Jan 18 2018-01-18
An experienced Test Manager is required to support the NextGen programme. Requirements have been gathered and vendors identified for the first stage of the NextGen platform implementation. The ability to define, co-ordinate and plan testing across multiple vendors and interfaces with new and legacy technology is a prerequisite. Usual SDLC test activities are expected, including but not limited to UAT, System Integration, Participant Testing, Non Functional Testing, OAT and Cut-over/implementation.
- Take ownership of and document the programme test strategy and approach to ensure that test phases are each designed to provide the overall quality outcome required.
- Plan and manage the programme test activities in line with the programme plan
- Outline and enforce standards and best practice for testing across the programme, ensuring that test activities are performed to the highest standards
- Manage the test team leads in preparing and executing their test plans – providing best practice, review and coaching
- Work with third party suppliers to ensure that their testing is performed in line with the standards required by the programme
- Facilitate the definition of requirements and test cases, engaging with business analysts, developers and operational staff. Ensure all test scripts are of a high standard
- To manage project and programme level testing plan and resources effectively so that it does not impact programme timeline
- Ensure that approaches for test automation, test data management and migration and regression testing are in place across all test phases. Regression test packs need to be designed and re-used throughout testing cycles.
- Agree entry and exit criteria for each test phase
- Ensure that test reporting, within each test phase, is accurate and informative
- A working knowledge of test software tools like Jira and HP Quality Center is required
- Report on project testing status to senior stakeholders, proactively lead communication of testing issues and progress across testing teams and programme as a whole
- Work with the Programme Director to respond to audit and independent assurance review points
- In advance of go-live, provide evidence and assurance to the programme leadership that the testing activities have been performed to the required standards and that the solution is robust.
- An expert in quality assurance and software testing methods
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role within a large scale technology implementation programme
- Strong working knowledge of the programme life cycle and governance
- Ability to challenge and provide critical judgement under pressure and changing priorities, resolving issues innovatively where options appear limited, and meeting key stakeholders expectations within very short timescales
- Drive planning, objective setting, development and implementation of new procedures within area of responsibility
- The successful candidate is likely to have a formal QA, project or programme management qualification
- Exceptional analytical, presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal
- A strong leader and coach with proven experience of building and leading high performing teams
- Significant experience and proven ability to operate and influence in a complex and diverse stakeholder environment; building and maintaining effective relationships/networks at all levels of the organisation including exec/senior management
- Ability to provide clear, insightful analysis and commentary. Excellent Microsoft suite skills.
Applicants who do not hear from us within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Personal data provided will only be used for the purpose of employment application to HKEX.