Programme Manager - HSBC Securities Services
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 07 Feb 18 2018-02-07
Some careers shine brighter than others
If you’re looking for a role that will help you stand out at HSBC, take a look at how you can fulfil your potential.
Securities Services provides robust and reliable solutions that enhance performance and mitigate risk, today and in the future. Working with institutional investors, banks, insurance companies, governments and multinational corporations, Securities Services offers a range of fund administration, global custody, sub-custody and clearing, and corporate trust and loan agency services.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Programme Manager.
In this role, you will
- Leads, shapes and directs the delivery of complex, high risk and or cross functional programmes
- Responsible for major change initiatives which implement business strategies
- Leadership, mentoring and enabling a team of change professionals ensuring successful delivery of the programme,
- Works with the business to define and agree programme structure and benefits and to confirm that outputs and outcomes will support their realisation
- Creates, implements and operates within an appropriate governance framework which aligns to the wider Group governance framework
- Drives continuous improvement to the Group's strategic approach to managing change, including identifying best practice both internally and externally, and building the profile of the Group's Change Management Community
- Drives progress against the programme plan; understands, challenges and proactively manages the cost position; and acts to mitigate potential cost or time delays
- Identifies and secures appropriate resources to work on the programme, defines clear roles and responsibilities for all team members including specific responsibility for production of all deliverables
- Leads the management and delivery of the Group's wider Change portfolio through establishing effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Engages with a diverse group of senior stakeholders to influence strategic direction of key programmes to meet business goals and support benefits realisation
- Provides team leadership to Change professionals, developing colleagues through challenging objectives, feedback and coaching
- Continuously evaluates programmes and projects for financial and people risk and regulatory compliance and takes appropriate steps to mitigate.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Must be a strong communicator both verbal and written with a comprehensive understanding of content and context
- Displays good presentation skills and can tailor communication methods for the audience, environment and setting
- Engages stakeholders proactively
- Is an active listener and displays good inter-personal and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Ability to build and maintain highly effective working relationships with colleagues, clients and third parties
- Good team building skills.
- Shows good planning and time management skills with the ability to prioritise multiple tasks effectively
- Able to prioritise and manage conflicting demands
- Strong leadership and matrix management skills
- Able to articulate a challenging strategic vision and motivate people to achieve this
- Demonstrates interest and ability to support and develop people
- Strategic mind-set, with strong conceptual, creative and analytical content
- Strong problem solving skills and able to perform under pressure
- Displays good negotiation and influencing skills and can use these skills appropriately
- Self motivated and able to work independently, and under own initiative with a sense of ownership and accountability
- Positive, dynamic and resilient individual, open to change and able to adapt to changing circumstances
- Responds positively to challenge, showing consideration for others views and taking these into account when making decisions
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000AEZC
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited