Program Manager - Digital Transformation
- Attractive package
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Robert Walters Hong Kong
- 13 Feb 18 2018-02-13
Digital Transformation is of utmost importance in today's world. My client understands this and wants to bring on board a Program Manager responsible for digital transformation at all levels of the IT Production team. Virtualisation, Services, Automation, Agility and Collaboration are the pillars of their new way of working.
- The person selected for this role will be responsible for managing and coordinating programs and/or projects around "Digitalised Infrastructure" and "Digital Collaboration"
- The strategy will look at virtualising and automating the infrastructure through different methods.
- This person must possess strong project management and organisation skills, an eye for detail, have good time management, have excellent interpersonal, written and communication skills, be able to prioritise multiple tasks, have a background in IT, and understand IT processes and procedures.
- He/she will be based in Singapore or Hong Kong as part of a dynamic project team and will report to the Head of Transformation and Projects.
- The successful candidate will work in collaboration with other local, regional and global IT teams.
- Initiate and set goals for programs according to the strategic objectives of the organisation.
- Plan the program from start to completion involving deadlines, milestones and processes.
- Devise evaluation strategies to monitor performance and determine the need for improvements.
- Supervise all project managers involved to provide feedback and resolve complex problems.
- Discover ways to enhance efficiency and productivity of procedures and people
- Apply change, risk and resource management principles when needed
- Read reports prepared by managers to determine progress and issues
- Ensure program operations and activities adhere to legal guidelines and internal policies
- Keep senior management informed with detailed and accurate reports or presentations
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Minimum tertiary education level - Must be a degree holder in IT or equivalent subject.
- At least 8 years' experience.
- Proven experience within transformation and/or digital projects.
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Excellent Knowledge of performance evaluation techniques and key metrics
- Outstanding knowledge of data analysis, reporting and budgeting
- Working knowledge of MS office and program management software (e.g. Basecamp, MS Project)
- A business acumen with a strategic ability
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- An analytical mindset with great problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Curious and able to find answers by him/herself
- Knowledge of Agile and Design Thinking methodology is required.