Product Specialist - Desktop Analytics
S&P Global Market Intelligence The Role:
Desktop Product Specialist - Desktop Analytics Grade
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 10 The Location:
Singapore The Team:
Within the S&P Global Market Intelligence Commercial organization, Product Specialists are expected to identify, analyze, and propose solutions relating to our products and services. Within our product suite which includes the S&P Capital IQ Pro Platform, Data Management Solutions (DMS), ESG, Portfolio Analytics, Risk Services, Quantamental Solutions and others, Product Specialists are the domain and knowledge experts in the Commercial organization.
The "Product Specialist - Desktop Analytics" will be an investment workflow expert on our S&P Capital IQ Pro platform and Excel templates.
The candidate is expected to design and recommend Equity/Credit workflows on the S&P Capital Pro Platform to solve our clients' research and workflow requirements which may arise from research, investment mandates, valuation, and company due diligence. As an investment expert, the candidate needs to keep abreast of market-moving developments, evolving investment themes and general regulatory changes governing equity and credit markets. The Impact:
This role drives revenue growth and client retention by working with Sales, Relationship Management and other Product Specialists and Product Management to promote the S&P Capital IQ Pro platform to a variety of investment managers, investment bankers, private equity analysts, research analysts, investor relations etc. who will utilize industry-leading workflow tools and features on the S&P Capital IQ Pro platform to derive insights and analytics for decision-making. The Team:
Within the S&P Global Market Intelligence Commercial organization, Product Specialists are expected to identify, analyze, and propose solutions relating to specific products and services. Within Risk Services, Quantamental Solutions, Desktop, MMD, LCD, Industry Solutions, Product Specialists become domain and knowledge experts.This will be a new team within Market Intelligence, founded to build adoption of S&P Global's ESG products, which provide financial institutions, corporations and governments an unmatched level of clarity and confidence to successfully navigate the transition to a sustainable future. As part of the new ESG Specialist Team, we focus on providing value to clients, building our client-base, and driving ESG desktop usage. The Impact:
These roles drive revenue growth and client retention by working with Sales, Relationship Management, Product Management, and Client Operations to promote Market Intelligence's ESG usage across all client segments. Your role will help identify client needs and construct ESG solutions that utilize our products, via the Market Intelligence Desktop. Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For:
- This role will cover the following geographic territories: ASEAN and other applicable Asia Pacific regions. North America, Latam, Europe, Middle East, and Africa.
- Act as our in-house Desktop Analytics expert by designing and pitching the Desktop and Excel workflow solutions for complex investment workflows. The candidate is expected engage senior stakeholders and provide complex product support to a client base of research analysts, investment managers, data analysts and risk management professionals.
- Assist strategic renewals and new business trial process with a thorough understanding of the client's workflow and, to supervise key project rollout and platform migration at these firms.
- Drive and put in place plan forto significant increases ins in total users, companies,usage and general adoption of S&P Capital IQ Pro platform through practical investment insights and senior stakeholder engagement. products across our client base
- Assist clients with TCFD reporting, risk management, and investment strategies by analyzing companies' carbon footprint, environmental footprint, exposure to fossil fuels, and physical risk from climate change under varying future scenarios
- Conduct advancedd product demos that are specific to client workflows as needed and help to design the best solution to fit a prospect's or client's needs.
- Possess a firm understanding of the diagnostic sales process and employ its principles and techniques when engaging with a prospect or client.
- Act as a regional market feedback consolidation source for productConsolidate regional market feedback for product development/enhancement.
- Partner closely with key stakeholders such as Product Management, Financial Modeling and the Sustainable1 teams. to provide feedback and rank feed enhancement requesserving in similar capacities.
- Collaborate with above teams on thought leadership, discovering new workflows and market entry strategies..
- Develop a complete understanding of competitors' products and be able to articulate Market Intelligence'sS&P Capital IQ Pro Desktop competitive differentiation and value. relative capabilities.
- Analyze and keep abreast of evolving investment themes in the Asia Pacific Equity or Credit markets. .
- Contribute to Go-To-Market efforts and marketing campaigns..
- Fluency in English; other Southeast Asian language abilities will be highly sought after.
- Bachelor's degree holder in Finance, Economics or related subjects.
- CFA, Chartered Accountant, MBA with Finance Specialization or MAppFin qualifications will be a plus.
- 3 - 7 years of relevant experience Equity/Credit research, Portfolio Management, Investment Banking or Private Equity.
- Thorough understanding of the equity, fixed income/credit or industry specific investment process. Prior experience in selling to or interacting with Investment Management and Investment Banking clients, Private Equity, Banking, and Insurance.
- Able to provide thought leadership around topical investment trends and sector investment developments relevant to the APAC region.
- Strong capabilities in Excel Financial Modelling, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Independent, self-starter capable of working without close supervision or daily guidance.
- Constructive team player, capable of balancing and prioritizing multiple projects across different teams or business segments.
- Previous experience using S&P Capital IQ, Bloomberg, Factset or Refinitiv products or similar in a current role will be a plus.
- Team player with an ability to collaborate across functional and geographic boundaries.
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), PDMGDV202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
265734 Posted On: