The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Digital Business Services is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. Digital Business Services combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Product Owner - CRMS Data IT, HK.
- The Product Owner is accountable for the Vision, Definition, strategy, road-map and run-time (Run the Bank) operation and ensure the product is relevant & in-pace with evolving Customer & Business needs
- Product Owner will lead the gaining of insight into internal/external customer needs and champion preferences in order to direct the product vision of what development teams within Technology is to build
- Champion the product with internal stakeholders and ensures the product is for purpose and reflect the needs of the customers
- Run the Bank & Change the Bank requirements on HK Customer Data are driven in-line with business goals
- Constantly access, evaluate and align the product & the PoD to be relevant to stakeholder/ market needs
- Collaborate with key market stakeholder on prioritization for the team & product evolution
- Clearly define acceptance criteria & value to business and customers, while driving delivery to enable the stakeholder meet their goals
- Own & drive OKR (Objective & Key Results/Outcome) on a quarterly basis for the product
- Drive Agile implementation/ ATOM (Agile Target Operating Model)
- Supporting the design of large user stories (epics) which are broken down into smaller user stories (product backlog), which is a prioritised features list for the product which is used by Agile Teams to develop technology solutions
- Working with the Technology team to drive improvements in productivity through backlog management, maturity in the use of Agile methodologies (e.g. Safe, Scrum, Kanban, Lean), and corresponding management of dependencies
- Consistently communicate & connect engagements and communication across - local, regional & group
- Assists in communication with business stakeholders, resolving conflicting stakeholder priorities
- Collaborates with the team to showcase the product to stakeholders & periodically undertakes show and tell sessions
- Assist with the management, monitoring and reporting of progress, issues, dependencies and risks to the programme management, internal stakeholders and/or steering committees
- Enforcing process discipline and improvements in areas of expertise, such as disciplined agile software delivery, production support processes, or continuous DevOps pipelines development
- Lead and manage the team, identify and work with the team in upskilling to ensure they are upto date and the skills continue to stay relevant to evolving opportunities & product roadmap
- Partner with community colleagues across – Devops, Quality Assurence, Business Analysis, Agile, Jira, Data Analytics & Visualization, Architeture and Controls
- Be accountable to roll out and delivery of appropriate control requirements
- Partner & drive implementation of initiatives by Data Architeture Office (DAO) colleagues
- Oversee & proactively manage risk assosiated to the product
- Assisting management and the team in top down and bottom up communication, including strategic and tactical priorities
- Working to have team members in appropriate roles where they can do what they’re best at
- Working to have a team that is well balanced in terms of people in order to fulfil their mission(s)
- style="font-size:14px;">Ensuring that people know what is expected of them and are given regular feedback about skills and behaviours
- Taking responsibility for team culture and how it fits with the organizational culture
- Recruitment and building the team, with understanding of what skills are needed, team dynamic etc.
- Demonstrates financial acumen to develop a global business case, including investments, detailed benefits and link to overall finances of the business
- Ensures teams follow strategic frameworks and methodologies thus driving a common high performance approach
- Ensure key learns are captured from each Programme and feeds these back into PMO to improve methodologies and share best practice
- Ensures governance processes and decisions are applied consistently
- Exposure to Mainframe systems – DB2, Z Series
- Experience of working on – NoSQL database (e.g. Mongo), Micro services, Data Models, ETL is beneficial
- Experience in Agile working model
- Excellent Project Management skills
- Prior Product Owner experience/Entrepreneurial mind-set is a plus
- Hands-on approach across - full lifecycle, including requirements gathering, design & build, testing and deployment is beneficial
- Awareness & working experience of Data Management Controls, Data Analysis is desired
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of Project and Program Management techniques / methodologies
- Experience of managing multiple activities to aggressive deadlines. Need to be able to quickly understand fire-drill requirements and proactively follow up with delivery managers to ensure adherence to tight deadlines
- Able to demonstrate outstanding organizational, presentation and general follow-up skills
- Ability to interact and empathize with development teams, demonstrating the ability to act as a value add partner for those teams
- Proven experience in an IT and business environment with in-depth specialization in problem solving, metric analysis and quality improvement
- Experience of working within a complex, matrix layered, and multi stakeholder organization;
- Experience of effectively coordinating delivery of services involving elements delivered by other internal/external teams
- Experience of RESTful API development
- Exposure of Angular/CX/UX
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.