Product Control Global Process Owner SVP
We are seeking an outstanding candidate for a SVP position working in the Product Control Global Process Owner team.
The purpose of this role in 2021 and 2022 will be focused on: -
1. Implementation of Citi Funds Transfer Pricing (FTP) platform, including
Role involves partnering with key strategic stakeholders including Treasury GPO, Corporate Treasury, Local Markets business heads, Country CAO's to ensure PCG requirements relating to this initiative are delivered. Key PCG Requirements from FTP Initiative include: Sourcing:
FTP engine will source its data from standard sources (Genesis, PMC and other strategic sources), Data Standards:
Data presented using standards (LEID, GOC, Account etc.) Processing:
FTP Engine will align with Business processes and support
Daily T+1 basis to support reporting and analysis; minimize or eliminate manual adjustments & EUCs.
Provide cost of funding visibility to businesses through standard ledger postings at the local BU level.
Transparency and traceability to underlying calculations at a contract level
Standard Processes and Controls across all countries, Downstream Feeds:
Integrated with downstream platforms such as Full Suite, S2 etc. Pool Process
: Standard pool process in Full Suite for exposures not captured through the FTP engine
For this initiatives it will be key that the concerns and requirements of Product Control are documented and understood by the other stakeholders and incorporated into the delivery plans. Clear documented plans will be required to enable Product Control to support and prioritise program milestone deadlines for implementation, escalating any delivery concerns appropriately.
This position requires a significant understanding of the Product Control function as well as the ability to work effectively at all levels and partnering with our key stakeholders and other functions.
The Global Process Owner team are primarily responsible for defining and implementing the Firms vision of a best in class Product Control function.
This particular role will involve;
- Creating ideas and insight of how the Product Control process can be improved, simplified and operate more effectively
- Developing a clear plan to deliver the best in class vision of Product Controls' process
- Executing on that plan to ensure the goals are achieved, by driving results and effective management of the process change agenda
- Partnering with Technology to deliver the right infrastructure tools and solutions aligned to both the Product Control vision and best in class Finance direction
Excellent communication and influencing skills are vital. The candidate will need to draw on experience and will require the ability to clearly articulate principles and methodologies to a variety of audiences including senior internal stakeholders and to find creative solutions to issues as they arise. It is key that strong relationships are established and maintained in order to deliver the common vision and goal.
The role also involves working with the Senior Product Control Managers across all regions, driving change improvement whilst ensuring global consistency.
The role will assist with leading change programs across the group, the successful candidate must possess resilience, tenacity and have a desire and passion to succeed in a fast moving, dynamic and forward looking environment. Key Responsibilities:
In 2021 and 2022 the role will be focused on: -
1. Implementation of Citi Funds Transfer Pricing (FTP) platform People Management and Leadership:
- Inspires colleagues to work collaboratively to support learning and achieve superior results; leverages diverse styles and backgrounds to expand thinking, speed learning and improve effectiveness.
- Consult and lead group on delivery of vision
- Accountability for process alignment with Product Control MCA (Managers Control Assessment)
Works as a Partner:
- Ownership for process and systems improvements, incorporating key control alignment
- Working alongside the other Global Process Owners to design and implement Best In Class Finance function
- Generate a strong partnership with Technology to deliver business tools and solutions to support Product Control function
- Acting as a partner across Finance and to the other key stakeholders (Business, Risk, Compliance Technology, etc.) in relation to Product Control global process matters
- Help manage stakeholder engagement by identifying and managing anticipated resistance and any obstacles
- Support change management design, development, delivery and management of communications
- Lead roll out changes with key stakeholders
- Act as point for senior leaders within Product Control helping them fulfil the role of change sponsor
- Create plan for consistent global processes, systems and technology and organization structure
- Integrate planned change management activities into project plans
- Create actionable deliverables and drive the agenda forward
- Track and provide regular report updates
- Define and measure success metrics and monitor change progress
- 8+ years Finance experience, ideally with broadProduct Control experience
- Proven ability and experience of leading change across a number of different teams / stakeholders
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Able to work effectively at all levels of the organization
- Excellent people management skills with the ability to lead, train and develop a team
- Strong influencing skills.Able to communicate and present effectively to seniors across the organization.Must also be persuasive with a considerate but firm touch
- Strong personality, tough, adaptable and resilient
- Hands-on. Must have a good eye for detail, but also be able to step back and see the bigger strategic picture
- Hard-working, resilient and tenacious
- Ambitious, dynamic, highly driven and motivated.
- An agent of change
- The maturity and gravitas to challenge ideas and balance opportunities and threats
- Comfortable operating in a management environment, which is challenging and professional with the backdrop of a complex business environment.
- Preferably educated to bachelor degree level. Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience
Job Family Group:
- Leadership skills
- Ability to work well in a team
- Self-motivated and innovative
- Ability to prioritise to ensure deadlines are met
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent interpersonal skills - able to deal with a range of senior/junior staff across a number of disciplines
- Proven negotiation skills
Finance Job Family:
Product Control Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting