Procurement Operations Manager 12 months fixed term - HSBC Operations, Services and Technology
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 06 Dec 17 2017-12-06
Some careers prize diversity more than others.
If you’re looking for a role where you will continue to be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, remember how diversity drives success right here at HSBC.
HSBC Operations, Services and Technology is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. HOST combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Procurement Operations Manager 12 months fixed term.
In this role, you will
- Lead the implementation of best in class standards for the Procurement Operations functions within the region or country
- Identify and support the utilization and standardization of Center Of Excellence function across the region or country
- Provide support to the local Procurement teams and understand business requirements
- Support the Category Specialists and negotiators in delivering sustainable savings and other financial benefits for HSBC
- Effective communication with other Procurement Operations and local Senior management to ensure alignment of objectives and requirements
- Recommend new or improved processes or systems which support HSBC's strategic pillars
- Facilitate the adoption of Group systems and processes within the country to facilitate Straight Through Processing
- Collaborate effectiveness and efficiency within operations for better leverage and best practice
- Ensure that Procurement Operations acts in accordance with all relevant policies and procedures as contained in the Group Instruction Manuals
- Operate within Balanced Score Card, Annual Operating Plan Normative and Strategic Plan
- Continually assess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- University degree required
- Sound knowledge of general procurement processes and managing payments compliance and vendor risk and compliance
- Good understanding of process analysis and improvement activities
- Relevant managerial, planning and project management experience, with good analytical reasoning skills
- Good experience of working with Ariba Contract Workspace, BuySmart, eAuctions and e Tendering
- Ability to deliver training and presentation
- Proficiency with standard office software and payment systems, as well as Cognos
- Strong customer-focused approach
- Excellent communication and influencing abilities, with the capacity to build trusting relationships
- Self motivated mindset, with the ability to work effectively within a team environment
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000A1O3
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited