Private Wealth Management Asia, Business Unit Risk Management, Product Risk - Associate, Manager / Senior Manager
Morgan Stanley has been serving ultra-high net worth individuals, corporates and asset owners in Asia for over 30 years. Leveraging strong connectivity to Morgan Stanley’s renowned Investment Bank, Morgan Stanley Private Wealth Management Asia delivers the global resources, product expertise and personalized service needed to address the complex challenges of managing significant wealth:
Alternatives & Privates
Capital Markets Access
Cash Management Why Morgan Stanley?
Morgan Stanley (NYSE: MS) is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities, wealth management and investment management services. With offices in more than 41 countries, our employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, institutions and individuals.
Building on over 30 years of delivering first-class business in a first-class way, Morgan Stanley helps Asia wealth management clients succeed by delivering the Firm’s global reach, product leadership and investment expertise. To reinforce our commitment to the region, we have established Morgan Stanley Bank Asia Limited, a licensed bank in Hong Kong and a wholesale bank in Singapore, to conduct private wealth management business in Asia.
You’ll find that the competitive compensation packages with benefits, the established career paths and our culture and values all make Morgan Stanley a great place to develop your career.
Morgan Stanley is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Learn more at: https://www.morganstanley.com/people-opportunities/eeo.
The Business Unit Risk Management team operates within the Asia Private Wealth Management business as the first line of defense; is responsible for structuring and implementing the risk management framework.
Key Business Unit Risk Management responsibilities included in this role are:
- Promote awareness of product risk and risk management best practices
- Review and assess risk on complex trades and bespoke transactions and closely work with Sales teams
- Assist in reviewing Product due diligence across all PWM products / asset classes including OTC derivatives & discretionary portfolio management
- Well versed with the HKMA, MAS and SFC regulatory requirements across products and implement required controls to ensure compliance
- Work closely with various product desks, Legal & Compliance and other infrastructure teams regarding Product Risk and Product Due Diligence
- Ability to prepare various risk models to provide with the product risk rating Engage with Technology to provide specifications and requirements, review
- UAT and monitor the development to enhance the IT platform for Pre-trade process / Suitability
- Ensure standardization and consistency in risk management policies and procedures applicable to Wealth ManagemenCollaborate with functional groups, including Legal, Compliance, Operations, Credit, Tax, FCG and IT to identify, assess and mitigate business related risks.
- Participate to New Business initiatives and work with desk and functional support areas on these initiatives.
- Support regulatory inquiries, internal audits and compliance testing for the wealth management business
- Identify and participate in process re-engineering projects to reduce the residual risks of the department and improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Perform independent reviews and gap analysis of our business against our regulators expectation