Your new company
The Firm is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, institutions and individuals.
Your new role
The Firm's Private Equity Asia is one of the leading private equity investors in Asia Pacific, having invested in the region for over 20 years. The experienced investment team is led by senior professionals with extensive industry relationships, in-depth market knowledge and the ability to apply international investment principles within each local context.
Based in Hong Kong, this is an Analyst role to support the operation administration and finance team of the firm's Private Equity Asia in operation, finance, portfolio data management and investor relations. This individual will be a key member of the the team, and will work closely with the investment team, fund controllers and various stakeholders within the firm.
- Manage cash flows including funding and distribution
- Structure holding platform for portfolio investments
- Monitor corporate activities of holding structures
- Implement strong corporate governance within the business
- Maintain records of investment activities
- Coordinate investment and valuation process
- Prepare investment reports on portfolio companies
- Respond to investors’ inquiries and requests
- Interact with Limited Partner Advisory Partners on fund matters
- Manage fund credit facilities
- Implement and maintain a fund portfolio data management system
- Prepare internal presentations and marketing materials
- Perform related duties as assigned
What you'll need to succeed
- A university degree in Accounting/Finance or related disciplines with excellent academic results
- 1-2 years of hands-on experience in transactions or deals, ideally with background in accounting and private equity
- Excellent bilingual communication skills in both spoken and written English and Mandarin
- Fundamental understanding of financial statements, financial modelling and investment processes
-Technical writer with demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly detail-oriented and team player, with the ability to maintain a high standard of accuracy while working in a high-pressure and fast-paced environment
-Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of organization
-Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet frequent, inflexible deadlines
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively function in a team environment
- Self-motivated and strong desire to learn about the private equity industry
What you'll get in return
• The opportunity to work in a leading investment bank
• The opportunity to collaborate with like-minded individuals
• The career development opportunities working in a fast-paced environment
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
We are Hays, the leading global experts in qualified, professional and skilled recruitment. The 11,000 people we employ around the world partner with clients and candidates to power the world of work.
Every day our expert consultants help thousands of candidates find their next role, and they also help clients reshape workforces and deal with talent shortages. Last year we placed 77,000 people in permanent jobs and 244,000 people into temporary roles.