- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Private Banking Officer
- Location: Hong Kong
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Private Banking OfficerAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Be accountable for Private Banking Operations. Be responsible for the key set of controls and reviews over the wide variety of transactions initiated by Private Bank before "handed off" to GSSC.
To ensure all the activities relating to Account Opening, Data Maintenance, ID & table maintenance, operations control, government enquiries are promptly and properly handled.
- To manage and keep track offshore Operations Hub objectives and performance to ensure transactions processed in good quality and control
- Liaising with Front Office to obtain outstanding client information and documents
- Review and carry out the due diligence on new \ existing clients and ensure that account set up is completed in timely manner
- To adhere to the process control plan and approach, proper record all key control related activities
- To provide guidance on account opening requirements on all PvB related system to Front Office and offshore Operations Hub across the regions
- Manage offshore Operations Hub performance by provide sufficient guidance to Hub
- To verify and ensure the transactions processed are compliance with bank policies and procedures
- To support the ad hoc projects
- To verify all relevant transactions are in compliance with procedures before submitting to offshore Operations Hub
- To ensure pre-approval on all exceptions according to bank policies and authorities.
- To liaise with offshore Operations Hub for additional control and monitoring responsibilities to ensure no gap on transactions processed.
- Handle enquiry from Front Office, Legal and Compliance, offshore Operations Hub
- - To maintain/update process flow documents
- Ensure the appropriate documents are being used for account open in consumer banking and private banking.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Tertiary Education or above
- Solid banking experience in on preferred Private Banking operations
- Independent, self-motivated and able to work under pressure
- Be creative, able to maintain miscellaneous manual controls
- Have solid background / knowledge on the account opening process, client on boarding process and familiar with KYC procedures
- Able to prioritize the daily work requests from various departments
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.