Principal Agile Analyst, Digital Engagement
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Schroder Investment Management (Hong Kong) Ltd
- 11 Dec 17 2017-12-11
The Schroders Global Technology function is organised into a number of teams, distributed across Schroders’ global offices, with technology hubs in London, Luxembourg, Singapore and New York. The software engineering and technology change function is split between 4 domains: Investment, Portfolio Operations & Data, Distribution & Product; Corporate and Digital. Schroders is entering a period where the rapid evolution of digital capabilities and technologies will be vital to meet its future aims. Headed by Schroders’ Chief Digital Officer, Digital is looking for highly capable and motivated individuals to lead, implement and facilitate change in a high-pace, high energy environment.
As the Principal Agile Analyst in the Digital domain at Schroders, you are a core members of the business aligned agile team, responsible for contributing to all aspects of the analysis, design, development, building and testing of solutions within a sprint cadence. Each team member is aligned to a single capability team and, while the Principle Agile Analyst’s core contribution will be leading the analysis and design aspects of software development, you will also contribute to development and testing activities. Principal Agile Analysts are innovative and passionate BAs who demonstrate a superior level of skill, experience and professionalism relative to their peers.
You will bring extensive technology and business process expertise and experience, drive tactical and strategic change across a complex evolving platform, and collaborate effectively with senior Business and technology stakeholders.
- Support Capability (Schroder’s term for “product”) Owners and Epic Owners/Analysts to ensure that features and stories to be delivered by the team are suitably well defined and structured.
- Lead analysis tasks which contribute to the delivery of working software required by the Capability.
- Contribute to the analysis, development, build and testing of working software required by the Capability.
- Ensure user stories are delivered to the ‘working system’ definition of done within agreed sprint.
- Ensure that committed PI Objectives and Sprint Objectives are met.
- Contribute to agile planning, including sizing stories, parsing user stories into tasks etc.
- Collaborate with colleagues from other agile teams and shared service teams to both communicate and manage dependencies.
- Ensure continued improvement through conducting regular retrospective reviews and executing high priority actions that emerge.
- Commit to increase your skills and experience in non-core specialisms (Dev, Test)
- Perform the role of Scrum Master for the agile team if required to do so.
To be successful in this role, you should possess the following requisites:
- A degree graduate with at least 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Familiarity with Agile delivery methodologies, ideally SAFe.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of the asset management and wealth business contexts.
- Knowledge and experience of using business analysis techniques, methodologies and artefacts to support agile software development.
- Experience of using domain driven design techniques.
- Experience leverage modern web stack technology, APIs, micro-services, cloud technology, cognitive computing, and big data.
- Knowledge and experience of development and testing skills and tools and common programming languages.
- Experience of working with global colleagues and stakeholders and sensitivity to cultural differences, time zones etc.
- Knowledge and experience of contributing to the development of technology solutions, both in house developed bespoke applications and commercially available off the shelf solutions.
- Excellent ability communicate how the work (eg features and stories) delivered by the teams contributes to Epics and Business objectives.
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken.
- Basic professional qualifications relating to the asset management industry (such as IMC) and business analysis (such as ISEB) are preferred.