Prin, Treasury Gen/Multif
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- BNY Mellon
- 23 Apr 19
Prin, Treasury Gen/Multif
The Hong Kong Treasury Execution Manager will be a key member of the International Treasury team and will be responsible for managing the liquidity positions across various balance sheets within the APAC region (Hong Kong, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo). The Hong Kong Treasury Execution Manager will be responsible for the deployment of excess liquidity in suitable/approved money market instruments with the goal of maximizing net interest income and reducing balance sheet costs whilst staying in compliance to all regulatory limits and balance sheet constraints.
Specific responsibilities of the Hong Kong Treasury Execution Manager include:
- Management of surplus liquidity in the balance sheets of Hong Kong, Singapore, Sydney, and Tokyo, by deploying liquidity in suitable short term money market instruments including inter bank placements, FX swaps, bank CDs, central bank placements, inter company placements
- Monitoring and execution of trades within the securities portfolio, where required
- Funding and liquidity management in compliance to all internal and external regulatory limits including liquidity limits, Volcker limits, market limits, and credit limits, as required
- Facing off to the local regulators on liquidity related matters pertaining to the in scope entities, where required.
- Testing of sources of liquidity identified in legal entity contingency funding plans and maintaining diverse liquidity sources and access to local markets
- Managing market and liquidity risk arising in the banking book
- Ensuring strong systems, controls and processes in place, e.g. adhering to trader mandates and desk procedures
- Responsible for overseeing Business Continuity Planning for Treasury Execution activities in Hong Kong and ensuring the ability to perform execution of funding and liquidity management transactions on a daily basis across all in scope entities.
To perform this role the candidate will need prior front-office money market dealing experience including strong working knowledge of the interbank money markets and FX swap market, strong treasury product knowledge, risk management skills and understanding of regulations governing the business, and good understanding of funding and liquidity management strategies. The candidate will also need to have strong written, communication and decision-making skills.
The technical skills, knowledge and qualification required for this role are summarised below:
- Minimum 5-10 years of Treasury front office trading experience
- University educated
- Prior experience effectively managing Treasury front office execution
- Strong understanding of the money market and FX swap markets
- Strong risk management skills and understanding of the regulatory environment
- Strong written and communication skills
- Sound judgement and decision making skills
- Team player
The position is based in Hong Kong and will have a direct reporting line to the International Treasurer.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: China-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
Internal Jobcode: 85370
Organization: Corporate Treasury-HR06004
Requisition Number: 1900692