Join an American MNC, which provides Private Banking, Asset Management, Treasury & Security Services, Private Wealth Management services and is one of the largest banks in the United States with a history dating back over 200 years.
The Equity Prime Middle Office comprises of business-aligned support teams for the equity prime and stock borrow & lending traders based in Hong Kong. The business covers all Asian markets; with products that range from cash equity to highly structured swaps.
This job description is related a trader assistant/support role in Middle Office, supporting Prime business. The trader assistant/support middle office is responsible for supporting the traders from an operational perspective and maintaining stringent controls in daily trading activities.
The team works in close collaboration with trading, sales, client servicing team, product control team, legal, compliance, settlement and control teams.
The role is reporting to Prime/SBL Middle Office Manager in Hong Kong
• Equity Swaps, Pnotes, Interest Rate Swaps, Futures, Cash Equity, Convertible Bonds, FX, Stock Borrow and Loan
• Trade capture and booking of swap trades
• Trade lifecycle management including corporate action adjustments
• Assist in risk management in ensuring pricing is correctly captured and risk profiles are correct
• MIS reporting
• Ensure traders are compliant with rules and regulations in various local jurisdictions
• Continuous project work involving process improvement, system implementation, new product or new market rollouts.
• Min 2+ years of relevant experience in a middle office function supporting Prime and/or Equity business
• Strong proficiency with MS Office and the ability to pick up complex systems architecture easily. Knowledge of VBA / SQL would be an asset.
• Previous exposure to equity swap products is highly regarded. Mathematics or Finance background preferred.
• Understanding of Asian markets regulation and settlement cycle
• Fluent English language skills (both verbal and written)
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Positive attitude; solid business acumen; strong level of professionalism
• Excellent organizational skills; ability to multi-task in a high-pressure environment
This individual will have extensive contact with traders, marketers and external brokers on a daily basis.
Multi-tasking is essential: ensuring that the risk of each transaction is correctly recorded; maintaining a high level of client service, whilst at all times adhering to the controls and policies of the business.
Lastly, the candidate needs to be able to adapt to changing environments and possess the mindset to seek continuous improvement in processes, controls, etc.