Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Securities Services provides robust and reliable solutions that enhance performance and mitigate risk, today and in the future. Working with institutional investors, banks, insurance companies, governments and multinational corporations, Securities Services offers a range of fund administration, global custody, sub-custody and clearing, and corporate trust and loan agency services.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Prime Margin Manager.
The Collateral Management team provides collateral calculations and exposure monitoring for clients based in Asia that do not have a credit line with the firm. This team is responsible for all aspects of collateral monitoring and works closely with the business unit risk managers, front office including sales, operations and documentation groups. The team performs margin calculations based on the legal margin documents and ensures that the exposures are within the defined comfort levels. The team covers client accounts that trade under the ISDA CSA & GMRA documents.
- Work as a specialist in a team whose function is to provide OTC, FXPB and Equity Prime Collateral Services Work streams
- Manages upwards and engages with regional business partners to support the growth and development of the Collateral Services businesses across Asia
- Participates in system enhancements and new business initiatives, in particular driving and focusing on the enhancement/replacement of the Collateral Processing engine, FRAME and SCP
- Participates and drives internal and external working groups, forums such as the MRUD, APAC Collateral Forum and Prime and SEF working groups
- Develops strategy for Collateral Operations for the APAC region, in collaboration with the Global functional heads and regional Business partners. In addition, the role will steer other GB&M departments such as Risk, Front Office, and FX Prime etc. on process and Operations impact
- Be responsible for delivering the Collateral Optimisation program for HBAP to minimise cost, maximise the use of collateral for the HBAP business, while also reviewing and reporting cheapest to deliver across CSA, GMRA and other collateral agreements. To introduce non-cash collateral from clients to the exchanges, ensure the cheapest forms of collateral are used to meet exchange obligations and ensure that interest paid out in synchronised with interested from BSM and external 3rd parties
- Manages and delivers the HBAP location strategy & offshoring. Including the delivery of a refreshed Hub and Spoke model for Asia and ensure regional standards are adhered to – including the offshore sites
- Disseminates GB&M and Collateral Operations global strategies across the HBAP hub and spoke sites
- Align FXPB margin function with the global model into the Equity Prime margin space
- Mitigate margin and day-to-day operational risk HBAP Collateral Services
- Implement and enhance the necessary systems, procedures and processes required to provide clients with a smooth and efficient operational experience
- Follow the department objectives, focus and update senior management re Control initiatives and escalate issues in a timely fashion
- Observe and maintain internal control standards associated with HSBC policy/FIM standards across legal, compliance, credit, operations and other key stake-holder groups
- Process the daily HBEU Static Data checks and updates for Prime (Reference data, Frame Margin setup)
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.