Prime Brokerage Client Service - Analyst
Citi Market Operations and Operations Technology is currently at a pivotal point in its evolution and journey to implement a target operating model. We take pride and are passionate about our People and our culture. We are invested in people and their development. We are transforming and simplifying our operating model creating an exciting environment which encourages diversity of thought and inclusion. We are a dynamic, global and diverse Organisation, with a presence in over 60 Countries; covering all front post execution Operations teams including product aligned Middle Oï¬ce groups, Settlements, Margin, Asset Servicing, Listed Derivative& Commodities Operations.
We support an extensive range of Capital Markets products and services including Fixed Income (FX, Rates, Credit, Muni, Cash and
Derivatives) where Citi is consistently a dominant top 3 player in the market, Equity (Cash, Derivatives, Prime Brokerage, Futures, Listed Derivs, FXPB) where Citi has a signiï¬cant growth program to continue to build out its capabilities and services; and Syndicates where we support both FI and EQ new issues and IPOs. Our Operations groups are core to the success of the Markets business and has signiï¬cant impact across the lifecycle of a Trade. We partner extensively with a range of internal stakeholders including Front Oï¬ce Sales and Trading Desks, Compliance, Legal, Finance and HR; alongside having signiï¬cant interaction with our external client base, playing a key role in the overall client experience. We have a Client relationship group dedicated to overseeing the group service performance and strategic partnership for our top tier client base, where we play a key role in supporting our global clients to ensure they have a ï¬rst class experience when doing business with Citi.
Our Digitization and Implementation group works alongside our Operations teams delivering automation solutions to solve for operational challenges. We partner with Citi's innovation labs to drive optimization and overall play a pivotal role in enabling us to transform to achieve our target operating model.Our Technology groups develop and implement a wide range of applications that support the Operations, Change, Design and Implementation groups in providing innovative products and solutions. We have re-imagined how to provide technology and service in our domain through the alignment of our team vision, culture, and aggressive retirement plan for legacy applications and adoption of a micro-based containerized cloud environment. We encourage our people to create, explore and be adventurous whilst taking measured risk, adopting safe practices to protect the ï¬rm. Data lineage and optimization is core to how we develop our eco system. We are growing our capabilities using artiï¬cial intelligence, natural language processing and machine learning. Our roles entail ensuring we operate in a robust control environment, whilst in a fast-paced workplace. We comply with global regulations and internal policies and adopt a proactive approach to identifying opportunities to reduce risk through the continuous evaluation of our controls; to protect our clients, the ï¬rm and our reputation.
We work closely with our external global peers, partners and regulators, and play an integral part in leading an agenda at the forefront to optimise and streamline processes, and drive strategy across our industry. Job Background/context
Prime Brokerage Client Service sits within Citi Market Operations supporting the Prime Brokerage Business and is part of the overall Prime Finance middle office unit. The primary role is the responsibility of managing a number of the Prime Brokerage hedge fund clients.The successful candidate will be the main point of contact for all operational queries for that hedge fund client base and they will interact closely with clients/administrators and internally across the Business, Middle Office and Operations.
Responsible for providing high service level operational client support for high focus Prime Brokerage clients as well as supporting the team manager in project work and ad-hoc requests assigned the team. The primary role will incorporate all aspects of Equity and Fixed Income Prime Brokerage operational client service - covering trade handling, free cash movements, fails management and client account queries.
This is a client-focused role with large volumes and quick turnarounds with an increasing focus on providing innovative value add services to increase the client experience, potential business revenue whilst reducing Manual Touchpoints (MTP's) and driving operational efficiency. Key Responsibilities
The successful candidate will carrying out the below BAU (Business As Usual) tasks.
- Main point of contact for client/administrator operational queries
- Trade handling across equity and fixed income PB, including trade capture, trade kick-outs, broker mapping and connectivity issue resolution with clients/administrators
- Management of client trade activity, liaising with settlements and clients to resolve any issues
- Management of client cash activity, authorisations, reporting and query resolution
- Review client cash balances / portfolios for operational issues
- Documentation and publication of MIS where required
- Completion of all daily processes and controls including ad-hoc tasks that may be assigned.
- Driving initiatives to reduce Manual Touch Points (MTP's) for local and global team.
- Helping to maintain a culture and environment where processes, risks and controls are continually monitored, and potential risks escalated on a timely basis
- Helping to develop an effective control framework that fully meets audit, compliance and regulatory requirements; delivery of periodic presentations to external regulators as required.
- Contribute to the creation of an infrastructure and tool set that will effectively manage risk and service our clients to a high standard.
- Client service skills development and exposure to clients/business.
- Develop an in depth knowledge of the products, markets and processes being supported
- Exposure to products supported by the Prime Finance Middle Office.
- Fully proficient in the use of technology within own department.
- Enhancing communication and organisational skills. Meeting targets set within the group and interacting with a wide spectrum of people to achieve these skills.
- Self motivation, flexibility and a strong desire to succeed will bring a recognised and rewarded career
- Client service experience essential
- Understanding of life-cycle of trade processing for significant product type (Equity / Fixed Income / Derivatives). Includes trade capture, settlements and reconciliations for the Equity and Fixed Income Prime Brokerage area.
- Understanding of settlement principles and practices.
- Work experience in the Financial Services Industry is a benefit.
- Displays a well-developed ability to schedule work and understand relative priorities.
- Building positive working relationships and working with team members to understand the root cause of an issue in a timely and effective manner.
- Computer literate- Ability to quickly grasp several in house systems including Microsoft office applications.
- Communication- Ability to articulate clearly and communicate effectively at all levels.
- Problem solving- Resolve problems where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of basic procedures and industry standards.
- Planning and Organising- Ability to work independently and multitask under pressure.
- Teamwork- Ability to demonstrate interest, skill, and success in getting groups to work together
- Attention to detail- Diligently attends to details and pursues quality in accomplishing tasks.
- Leadership- Ability in developing others via coaching and mentoring for effective performance management.
- Proactive-Identifying situations that could result in new business and developing recommendations tailored to the client.
- Degree qualification or equivalent, with Financial Services focus.
- Industry exams e.g. IAQ module exams or equiv.
Candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered if equivalent aptitude can be demonstrated through professional experience. Job Family Group:
Customer Service Job Family:
Institutional Client Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting