A top tier corporate and investment bank is seeking for a Prime Asia Business Manager, VP to join their team in HK.
The Prime business services the Firms Hedge Fund clients and includes functional areas: Trading and Sales including: Cash Financing, Synthetic Financing, Prime Brokerage, Secured Funding & Liquidity, Delta 1 Trading, Prime Derivative Services and Product Management teams. The Business Manager is a critical component for Global Prime to meet its Strategic Business objectives, maintain operational safety, and a strong operating platform for the Business. The team plays a critical role in building & sustaining relationships with partners across the Firms infrastructure.
Overall purpose of role
- Support in the coordinating cross-function strategic objectives / initiatives
- Provide operating leverage to the Business or Function Head, supporting strategic and economic decision-making. This includes oversight of all operations of the business, and in some cases, acting as empowered delegate
- Act as central contact point on behalf of the Business/Function Head in coordinating cross-function strategic initiatives.
- Support implementation of business development, change, and control agenda across the Business/Function
- Operate in partnership with Human Resources to drive personnel and talent-related initiatives
- Act as business contact for regulatory initiatives. Duties include oversight of submission of regulatory documents, implementation of legislative initiatives, and partnership with Chief Controls Office and Regulatory Relations teams as required
- Ensure effective oversight of all organisational/team requirements relating to technology, real estate, people and communications in conjunction with relevant partners across the firm.
- Drive, influence, and implement Target Operating Model, business development, and financial and non-financial resource allocation, providing strategic insight and thought leadership to the Business/Function head.
- Provide tactical and strategic analysis to influence and inform short and long-term business decision-making.
- Partner with Product Management & IT to support the management of technology platforms in regards to change projects as well as BAU activities.
- Manage all non-staff direct spend budgets, policies, and cost recoveries
- Proactively identify resource optimisation opportunities.
- Create all business material on behalf of Business/Function head spanning multiple topics with both internal and external stakeholders i.e. Board, Group ExCo, Regulators, Industry Groups.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
- Enabling High Performance
- Set standards for high performance for the team. Assume accountability for performance required to achieve goals and priorities.
- Review incoming materials for adequacy and appropriateness in advance, ensuring related discussion with Heads of Business is meaningful and impactful
- Enable leaders to take calculated risks through delegation of trust and responsibility to Business Management. This may include both day-to-day activities as well as strategic information leveraged to make key decisions
- Building Relationships
- Create and maintain culture in which trust and mutual respect are valued, challenging people and systems that do not support this. Convey ideas in a confident manner to achieve results and obtain buy-in while embracing alternative points of view
- Continually build long-term, trusted relationships in every area of the organisation through flawless execution and a collaborative attitude. Hold others accountable for employing the same approach to achieve the best results
- Build a deep understanding of the firm’s strategy, complementing this with a tailored Business-specific strategy to be implemented on within Overseas Services
- Seek to increase all aspects of diversity across the organisation through leadership, challenging the attitudes of others where necessary, and actively seeking alternative points of view
- Proactive approach to enhancing existing processes & procedures, and developing knowledge of the Business in order to support various initiatives / control objectives
- Strong communication & Coordination skills to follow up with stakeholders and Regional teams
- Confidence in the design & creation of required architecture / control objective
- Experience in working with Business side contacts as well as infrastructure partners
- Ability to deal with multiple stakeholders from all regions.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Experience in macro scale program management
- Experience in Investment Bank – min 3 years
- Relevant Equities Experience
- Relevant Operational Risk experience
- Business Knowledge of Prime & Financing
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Finance/Product Control skills
- Equity Finance Trading
- Prime Brokerage
- Regulatory knowledge
Interested parties could email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org