Portfolio Risk Manager (Wholesale Banking)
- 55,000 - 65,000 + Bonus
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Stirling Andersen , EA Licence No: 16S8094
- 21 Feb 18 2018-02-21
This is an opportunity to work with one of Hong Kong's largest banks in their regional headquarters!
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join Portfolio Risk Manager (Wholesale).
• Support Senior Management in Wholesale Credit and Market Risk, Global Banking and Markets,
and Commercial Banking in their tactical and strategic portfolio decision making.
• Provide regular internal portfolio information such as Customer Risk Ratings, industry sectors,
risk exposures, accounts under close monitoring or loan management, and impaired accounts
to facilitate credit risk monitoring, internal and regulatory reporting purpose.
• Source and incorporate external market indicators including Expected Default Frequency values,
industry indexes, credit default Swap prices, equity prices, and various macro economic
indicators to support forward looking portfolio trends and manage portfolio level risk.
• Monitor against regional and country portfolio concentration caps and Single Name Concentration
• Assist in regular and ad hoc strategic portfolio management reviews of countries, sectors and
emerging credit trends in order to drive appropriate risk appetite levels and inform the front line
• Support stress tests of wholesale portfolios by providing portfolio assessment, credit trends and
• Prepare wholesale credit information packs as required by Global Teams, Regulators and Asia
Pacific Senior Management from time to time.
• Support ad hoc investigations in times of counterparty and economic crises, research into
emerging risks, business planning topics, specific propositions and strategy papers
• Experience in either corporate banking or wholesale risk management
• Good understanding of macroeconomic drivers and their impact on various sectors and
geographies with an interest in how to interpret these drivers as to their impact on the
• Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to manage tight deadlines across, potentially, a variety of competing requests
• Regular exposure to both sensitive internal strategic information as well as credit information on
all of our wholesale customers means that the candidate must have a high degree of personal
• Specific wholesale sector experience is an advantage
• Candidates without detailed experience in aspects of portfolio management, will still be
considered subject to other relevant experience.