Portfolio Relationship Manager
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities Strategy
- To acquire, grow and deepen Premium and Priority Banking customer relationships through effective relationship management, with special focus on the analysis and satisfaction of Premium and Priority Banking Customers' personal financial needs and objectives;
- To offer quality sales and service solutions for customers.
- In consultation with Team Head, draw up monthly plans for achieving new business and customer acquisition goals committed on the business plan;
- Actively participate in Premium and Priority Banking marketing and promotional activities for generating new business;
- Solicit MGM referrals from assigned portfolio;
- In consultation with Team Head, determine monthly plans and implement sales and service processes to achieve committed targets for incremental business from existing Premium and Priority Banking Customers, and effectively:
- carry out agreed sales initiatives
- adhere to standards for frequency and type of customer contact
- implement cross-selling and other relationship building activities, and
- prioritise activities based on the level of existing / potential business and revenue contribution of customers in assigned portfol
People and Talent
- Conduct highly professional consultative financial analysis and profiling sessions with Premium and Priority Banking Customers to identify suitable local / cross-border financial, insurance, property and investment products and services for them in order to achieve their personal financial and investment objectives;
- Keep abreast of customers' needs and conduct regular checks on market trends and competitors' programme offering and activities for target customer groups so as to enable the local business and Group to initiate efforts to increase the attractiveness of the programme / product differentiation vis-à-vis local / global competition;
- Make referral to respective product specialist to address customer needs on insurance and investment products and services;
- Plan, target and cross-sell integrated business financial services to Premium and Priority Banking Customers who are self-employed professionals and businessmen;
- consistently adhere to local and international service standards;
- strong emphasis on out-serving our customer, practice service excellence in handling customer issues, complaints, product enquiries in a timely, problem-free and responsive manner;
- provide a high level of professionalism in conducting financial analysis and profiling with customers;
- recommend improvements in operational processes, procedures and products based on monitoring of customer feedback to ensure constant enhancement of service levels and efficiency.
- Motivate oneself to improve personal skills especially in relationship management, financial planning and analysis, investment counselling, and recommending training in appropriate aspects;
- Upgrade oneself in knowledge and new developments in banking, financial and investment products and services and ensure that certification and licensing requirements of the job are obtained as quickly as possible.
- To comply with all applicable money laundering prevention procedures and, in particular, report any suspicious activity to the Unit Money Laundering Prevention Officer and line manager;
- To comply with all relevant policies and procedures covering regulatory, local and group requirements.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- To comply with all relevant policies and procedures covering regulatory, local and group requirements;
- To ensure that control procedures outlined in various BOCs or Procedure Manuals are fully implemented, and ensure staff compliance with the same;
- To comply with the control requirements in the laid down procedures or Manual relevant to the job responsibilities.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines & the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the PRM team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct & compliance matters.
- HKMA / SFC / HKFI- prescribed responsibilities and Rationale for allocation
- Product, Segment, Operation, Branches, etc.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Embed "Here for good" and Group's brand & values in Voice and Virtual, Hong Kong
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
- To handle Wealth Connect (WMC) enquires on demand within targeted range of Average Handling Time (AHT) and provide timely and professional service to callers
- Refer to respective training curriculum;
- RI & TR license registrations
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.