Platform Development Engineer (Java)
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Keyteo Consulting
- 24 May 19
KEYTEO, a French IT Consulting group based in Hong Kong is currently hiring a new permanent Consultant to join the development team of an insurance company. You will be in charge of developing the Platform in Microsoft Azure Cloud with Java and Microservices.
1. Accountable for design and development for the Partnership Distribution Platform (the Platform hereafter)
2. Ensure the code quality, security and stability of the Platform
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Lead the design and development of the Platform in Microsoft Azure Cloud with Java microservices, Azure Kubernetes Service, Azure SQL Database, Microsoft Dynamics 365, Adobe Experience Manager, Software AG API Gateway
2. Define and manage the architecture of Java microservices and container technologies
3. Deliver the prototype and PoC quickly with microservices, container technologies in Microsoft Azure Cloud
4. Own and manage the entire source code of the Platform
5. Lead on-site/offshore vendor development team in the project. Ensure they are aligned with the architecture and design
6. Ensure the code quality, security and stability of the Platform
7. Work closely with Platform Development Engineer and ensure the quality of the Platform
8. Work closely with project management team to deliver the project on time, budget and scope.
9. Work closely with Enterprise Architecture team to ensure the Platform delivered as per the architecture and the design. Ensure solutions are aligned with the group enterprise architecture standards.
10. Identify technology and delivery risks associated with proposed solutions to ensure that necessary measures are taken to mitigate these risks.
Internal: Must communicate regularly with the other project stakeholders, project members, technical leads and enterprise architecture team members, aligning the Application Architecture with the Business, Data, Integration, Security and Infrastructure architectures
External: Work with the Vendors, LBUs IT teams, technical leads and architects on assigned local initiatives and ensure Group standards are followed
• Hands-on at Java microservices (SpringBoot)
• Hands on at cloud computing (Azure / AWS)
• Hands-on at container and microservices technologies (Kubernetes/Docker)
• At least 7+ years IT experience mandatory, experience in insurance or financial services is a plus
• Significant demonstrable experience working in an IT Technical Architecture function in a multi-national company or leading management consultancy mandatory
• Strong relationship management and influencing skills at a senior level
• A deep understanding and experience delivering modern IT solutions
• Innovative and creative self-starter, highly motivated, business savvy
• Independent and able to handle multiple tasks and deadlines
• Fluent English mandatory, Cantonese and Putonghua preferable
• Experience of working in different Asia countries preferable