Payment Manager, STS/Cheque Operations
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Manage day-to-day activities of the Payment Team. This includes overseeing the workload distribution amongst the team members, arranging the scheduling of shifts, and overseeing a smooth daily work flow.
- Supervise the processing of all transactions allocated to the team and ensure an adherence to the cutoff times.
- Review and approve payment transactions according to delegated authority.
- Provide guidance to the team in resolution of complex transactions.
- Administer human resource activities of the Payment Team staff. This includes a regular written performance review of the team members.
- Monitor procedural adherence of the team to ensure compliance of internal audit standards.
- Supervise and provide guidance to the team in performing daily activities under the role of payment processing including but not limit to AML monitoring
- Strong managerial skills and leadership quality with an ability to supervise a team of up to 12 staff.
- Strong analytical and organisational skills.
- In-depth knowledge of local and international payment methods and settlement arrangements. A thorough understanding of SWIFT.
- Sound knowledge of foreign exchange, Agency Arrangement and relevant banking regulations. Knowledge of the business practice and standards of the Overseas Group offices and correspondents.
- Thorough understanding of the functionality of the payment systems.
- Good interpersonal skills. Ability to maintain a good professional relationship with external and internal contacts.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .