Partner, Forensic Technology
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- KPMG (China and Hong Kong SAR)
- 09 Mar 18 2018-03-09
KPMG China operates in 16 cities across China, with around 12,000 partners and staff in Beijing, Beijing Zhongguancun, Chengdu, Chongqing, Foshan, Fuzhou, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Nanjing, Qingdao, Shanghai, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Tianjin, Xiamen, Hong Kong SAR and Macau SAR. KPMG is a global network of professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We operate in 154 countries and territories, and have 200,000 people working in member firms around the world.
KPMG China has experienced forensic resources based in Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong. We provide clients with commercial and financial expertise in the areas of Fraud and Misconduct Investigations, Anti-money Laundering and Sanctions Compliance Services, Fraud Risk Management, Forensic Technology and Corporate Intelligence services. We worked with industry professionals in Asia Pacific, and worldwide through the KPMG International Forensic network of over 3,600 professionals to conduct successful enquiries and analyze financial information across numerous jurisdictions.
The nature of Forensic services has evolved to a technology led approach that pulls in disciplines from across audit, tax, and advisory functions. The advent and implementation of robotics process automation, machine learning, cognitive and the promise of artificial intelligence applied to risk management, compliance, monitoring, fraud investigations, and disputes and litigation has raised the bar in terms of agility, innovation, and customer-centricity. The ability to support clients with aggregated data analytics across platforms, unstructured and structured datasets, with meaningful correlation analysis that provide behavioral insights and highlight real-time risk and/or reduces manual review of traditional books and records is critical to the long-term success and sustainability of Forensic services.
Role & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will have a proven track-record of leading technology services focused on advanced data analytics providing meaningful correlations and behavioral insights to address key risk concerns and/or resolve allegations of fraud and misconduct. Specific capabilities and experience should be heavily weighted towards Cyber Incident Response, Financial Crime Analytics, and Compliance/Investigation analytics including the use of advanced automation, predictive algorithms, and dynamic reporting using digital and mobile delivery channels. Core capabilities should be grounded in investigative techniques and methodologies and forensically sound outcomes, reports, and results. Demonstrated leadership, ability to build technology-focused, consistently high-performing teams, and accountability for department financial results required.
The successful candidate will have dual reporting lines to the National Head of Forensic Technology and the Forensic Partner-in-Charge of Hong Kong and Southern China. He/she will be responsible for updating, management, and execution of the Forensic Technology strategy for Hong Kong and Southern China. This will include development and accountability for an annual budget inclusive of technology investments, retirements, and headcount. Key performance indicators will be qualitative and quantitative and measured against annual financial and non-financial goals set in consultation with the national forensic leadership team. In particular, it is expected that he/she will contribute significantly to the innovation, research and development, and long-term structuring and growth of the Hong Kong forensic technology team focused on high-growth initiatives and maintenance of margin on mature service offerings.
Core Capabilities & Experience
- Development and ownership of dynamic multi-year business plan focused on innovation, recruitment & retention of high-performing teams, and ROI tied to annual performance KPIs
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to drive successful execution of strategic objectives
- Accountability for department level financial and non-financial performance and KPIs
- Extensive experience serving financial services sector with a strong focus on financial crimes, regulatory compliance, advanced analytics, and stakeholder and executive reporting
- Ability to cultivate market opportunities and long-term business relationships with influencers, buyers, and stakeholders at key accounts and within priority sectors
- Proven brand and eminence building capabilities evidenced by contribution to thought leadership in strategic public forums and publication of points of view; particularly those in coordination with third parties and industry organizations
- Extensive experience working directly with boards of directors, C-suite executives, CIOs, CISOs, and regulators
- A minimum of 15 years’ relevant experience in forensic technology services including collection, preservation, and electronic discovery and analysis of digital information; cyber incident response; and advanced investigative, compliance, and/or regulatory analytics
- Bachelor's degree in IT related discipline such as Engineering, Information Science, Computer Science with a strong computer programming component; Masters or PhD is preferred
- Market relevant forensic technology credentials such as CEH, CISM, CISSP, GSEC, CCFP, EnCE, CFSR, EnCEP, RCA, etc.
- Ability to describe complex technical concepts and ideas in non-technical terms
- Strong project management skills with the ability to lead and manage multiple significant client engagements simultaneously
- Resilience and a team player with strong work ethics
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
© 2018 KPMG, a Hong Kong partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved.