Your new company
The company is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
Your new role
The Firm's Global Financial Crimes (“GFC”) coordinates day-to-day implementation of the Firm’s enterprise-wide Anti-Money Laundering Program and the required regulatory reporting. GFC provides advice and counsel to the business units and employees worldwide regarding their AML, economic sanctions and Anti-boycott compliance obligations. GFC also develops and/or assists in the development of appropriate policies and procedures, including those designed to assist the business units to know their clients and conduct appropriate due diligence, and to prevent, detect and report potentially suspicious activity. GFC has dedicated coverage managers and teams of analysts who advise and counsel each business unit regarding its AML obligations and its particular clients and transactions.
The successful candidate will cover our Private Wealth Management (PWM) business with the following primary responsibilities:
- Review high-risk and complex PWM client profiles including source of wealth corroboration by the Business, to ensure compliance with AML/CFT laws, rules, regulations and Firm policies;
- Provide general AML advice and guidance to Asia PWM business;
- Liaise with other teams including Front office, Operations, Legal and Compliance on day-to-day AML/CFT issues;
- Support the implementation of changes in policies and procedures and relevant projects for Asia PWM;
- Produce management information for local and global stakeholders.
What you'll need to succeed
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience as an onboarding, Compliance or AML Specialist
- Professional qualifications such as ACAMS, CPA a plus
- Experience in PWM business will be beneficial
- An analytical mind with attention to detail
- Team player with ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Bright, motivated and keen learner
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Fluency in written Chinese (traditional or simplified) advantageous
What you'll get in return
• The opportunity to work in a leading investment bank
• The opportunity to collaborate with like-minded individuals
• The career development opportunities working in a fast-paced environment
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
We are Hays, the leading global experts in qualified, professional and skilled recruitment. The 11,000 people we employ around the world partner with clients and candidates to power the world of work.
Every day our expert consultants help thousands of candidates find their next role, and they also help clients reshape workforces and deal with talent shortages. Last year we placed 77,000 people in permanent jobs and 244,000 people into temporary roles.