PMO Analyst / Manager
- Fixed Monthly Salary & Benefits
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Capgemini Financial Services
- 15 Feb 19
The IT PMO Analyst / Manager will be responsible for staff management of Project Managers, Project Leaders and Senior project managers; this includes but is not limited to performance management; annual performance administration activities; coaching and directing the team. The manager will be responsible for assuring the adherence to the Project Management Framework and Methodologies in partnership with Application Services, Infrastructure Services and other IT and Business Stakeholders to ensure the appropriate levels of project management maturity are being applied based on the level of the project with regard to priority, complexity and organisational impact.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages large teams, or multiple smaller teams, of individuals, staff and leaders, including managing recruitment, retention, staffing plans, performance accountability, and annual performance management reviews.
- Helps to resolve barriers and conflicts (resource, timing, financial, sequencing) between multiple projects and project teams.
- Resolves issues before they become barriers to successful project implementations.
- Develops and maintains effective lines of communication and relationships with IT leaders and staff, and appropriate leaders and staff to ensure IT department is delivering effective and efficient projects and services.
- Provides and presents organizational communication and education related to the areas of responsibility.
- Ensures communications are consistent and coordinated. Leads organizational and departmental performance improvement activities Develops and manages budget for areas of responsibility.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or related area; Master's degree preferred. PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification (preferred).
- 7 to 9 years of directly related professional experience demonstrating advanced competency in some combination of the following:
- Project Management of large scale projects or programs:
- Managing complex technology projects with multiple work streams in a cross functional and highly matrix organization.
- Managing application and infrastructure release and change management.
Project Management tools (PPM) and processes:
- Project Scheduling; Risk Management; Issue Management; Resource Management Quality Management; Scope Management; Project Reporting; Communication Management; Financial Management Demonstrated knowledge of the System Development Lifecycle (SLDC).
- Demonstrated knowledge of multiple methodologies (Waterfall, AGILE).
- Demonstrated knowledge of managing vendor delivery/vendor management.
- Demonstrated expertise in managing teams directly of 7 or more direct reports