This role is ensuring the Operational Risk and control framework is maintained and updated and ensuring the correct testing, procedure management, risk control and other various tasks are covered in a timely fashion across Hong Kong and Taiwan.
My client is a large international Asset Management with backing from a very reputable international banking brand. They are forward thinking and innovative brand that seeks the highest performers in their field and have a strong vision for growth in times to come.
- Responsible for overseeing the Hong Kong and Taiwan Operational Risk and Control framework. Work closely with the APAC head of OR&C and the central OR&C teams in Europe as well as the business unit stakeholders in fulfilling the responsibilities of this role. Work closely with the business to perform the Risk Control Self-Assessment regularly to assess the inherent risks with each business unit and assess the adequacy of the existing controls. Where necessary make recommendations to mitigate the risks to a tolerable level.
- Perform second level reviews of Operational Incidents reported, ensuring the correct identification of cause of the incident, reviewing the correctness of the short term Action plan and long term remedial action plan to ensure the correctness of calculation and/or approach to prevent future re-occurrence. Monitor the long term action plan using the company tool.
- Based on a yearly assessment of the entity framework, design an annual independent testing program to test and assess the control framework status. Where weakness or inadequacies are detected, action plans should be given to address the deficiencies with an action plan for improvement.
- Involve in the IG (internal audit)/ Regulatory inspection as Operational risk and control representative. Keep track of Inspection/ review findings and recommendations including ensuring the owners have plans to meet the closure requirement and deadline timely. Follow up to ensure closure deadlines are respected. Organize and contribute to the production process of the management report for local internal control committee
- Provide critical view on the global ORC framework/setup including possible improvements, new ideas and best practices sharing. Engage in the sharing of innovative ideas in improving the operational efficiency and methodology of operational risk and control framework
- As ambassador of Operational risk and control, encourage local business heads/ CEO the use of Operational risk and control output as a tool kit for senior management decision making process. Provide training to local business stakeholders on Operational risk policies and roll out to develop and improve areas of weakness.
- The Successful candidate will have at least 4 years experience in operational risk or compliance space
- buy side experience ideally within a large Asset Manager
- Strong risk knowledge and a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously
- Academics from a relevant field
- Ablility to Speak English and Mandarin
The candidate will receive a competitive package and a great platform to be a key pillar in the APAC growth story.
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Nicholas Debbage on +852 2848 9525