The Operations Risk & Regulatory Control (ORRC) Division is a global team responsible for Operational Risk & Regulatory Governance, Control (Balance Sheet Control), Regulatory Reporting (Disclosure of Interest), Client Money, Transaction Reporting, and CTB Projects. The Division has over 150+ team members across the Firm, with the majority residing in Baltimore, Glasgow, Hong Kong, Mumbai and Tokyo.
We currently have an opportunity within the Operational Risk & Regulatory Governance Support (ORRGS) team. ORRGS is tasked to ensure that the Firm has a sound operational risk management culture and practice across all Operational divisions and regions. Operational Risk refers to the risk of financial or other loss, or potential damage to a firm's reputation, resulting from inadequate or failed internal processes, people, systems, or from external events impacting the full scope of its business activities, including revenue-generating activities and infrastructure groups.
ORRGS is tasked to:
- Ensures adequate controls are in place to mitigate Operational Risk across Operations and to protect the firm from such risks
- Assist in embedding an Operational Risk culture throughout Operations to promote transparency and disclosure
- Promote best practices to assist Operations in the management of Operational Risk
- Ensure that requirements of investors, senior management and regulators are adequately met
- Report to Boards and Senior Management on operational risk issues
We are looking to attract a senior recruit to the Asia ORRGS team, with coverage responsibilities for actives such as: Regulatory inspection and inquiry coordination; Regulatory Change Management Governance; Material Service Entity (MSE) governance; Operational Risk reporting; as well as driving risk initiatives relating to Operational Risk and Regulatory Controls.
- Regulatory inspections and inquiry coordination for Asia Operations
- Regulatory Change Management Governance for Asia Operations. Responsibilities include:
- Perform an advisory role related to local market regulations, firm policy & procedures, system dependencies and best practices.
- Promote risk education and awareness and provide senior management summaries as appropriate.
- Build strong relationships with senior Operations, Technology, Business and Compliance stakeholders across the region to drive continuous improvement of risk governance and processes.
â€<â€<â€<â€<â€<â€<â€<- Material Service Entity (MSE) governance provides support to MSE Operating Committee (OpCo) and Firmwide Shared Services Governance ("FSSG") committee. Responsibilities include:
- Supports FSSG in their global operational oversight and coordination of critical shared services provided by the MSE network
- Monitor and Report Service Company Principles and exceptions
- Execute controls to ensure adherence to Service Company Principles
- Develop FSSG & MSE OpCo Meeting Materials and Minutes
- Conduct FSSG committee & MSE OpCo Tabletop Exercises