Operations HK, Legal Entities Group Data Operations Director (AVP)
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 14 Dec 17 2017-12-14
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
The Legal Entities Group is a global group with offices in New York, London, Tokyo, Budapest, and Hong Kong. The group operates within the Data Operations of Shared Services Banking Operations (SSBO) and partners closely with the Legal and Compliance Division, Risk Management and Client Reference Data team (CRD) to assist the Firm's Sales and Trading and Wealth Management to comply with regulatory obligations that involve data and documentation requirements.
The group provides Operational support to meet the firm's Global KYC Policy requirements related to Customer Identification Program (CIP) and other regulatory data. It facilitates CIP when new clients are on-boarded and during ongoing periodic KYC reviews.
The person for this position will perform a combination of the above listed functions to support Wealth Management and/or Institutional Securities business in the Asia Pacific region
The duties of the role will include a combination of the following:
- Manage and supervise the teams responsible for performing client identification (CIP) checks for new client onboarding and/or periodic review.
- Prepare regular status update metrics to the regional manager
- Act as a first point of escalation for daily processing
- Escalate issues in a timely manner to the regional manager
- Proactively suggest process improvement ideas for the processes performed by the team
- Handle Global client identification and know your client documentation checks on both new and existing relationships of the firm
- Deliver results with good quality in a timely manner and within required deadlines/time frames
- Establish good working relationships with regional teams and internal clients in various jurisdictions
- Respond to change e.g. regulation change, new business and/or technology projects and provide solutions to enhance and/or implement controls and processes
- Understand the front to back of our roles and have a sound understanding of audit related requirements.
- Ability to handle volume spikes and prioritize work including ad-hoc requests and projects to meet business demands in a timely manner
- Manage audit or policy change related remediation work and deliver high quality results
- Manage interactions with Internal Audit and Compliance testing as well as other internal control organizations
- Establish effective supervisory controls, checks and procedures and manage any change in procedures and requirements
- Respond to changes driven by client profile change or other internal changes e.g. client org change, new directors, etc.
- Validate changes, assess impact, communicate and execute changes where needed
- Update and maintain client data via RTB and Periodic Review Process
This role will report into a Vice President.
- Strong supervisor skillset for managing operational risk of the function
- Ability and experience in managing a team, including but not limited to resource planning, capacity monitoring & utilization analysis, and providing active coaching and constructive feedback to team members to achieve individual career development goals
- Strong attention to detail and research/investigative skills
- Ability to work independently as well as effectively as both a team leader and a team member (dependent on projects and scenarios) and meet the business deadlines with accuracy
- Handle trouble shooting to mitigate risks associated with the business that we manage
- Ability to interact effectively with and manage stakeholders in Business Units and Compliance
- Ability to interact effectively with global colleagues (Hong Kong, Budapest, London, Tokyo and New York)
- Multi-tasking to handle various business demands
- Strong written and verbal English skills with clear and effective communication
- Ability to manage pressure and stressful business demands, including change and ambiguity
Experience required and skillset desired:
- Bachelor's degree holder
- Minimum 6-8 years of work experience
- Experiences in Client Onboarding, Customer due diligence, KYC/Client identification programs desired
- Knowledge of global KYC/CIP requirements (for UK, U.S, Hong Kong, Singapore, India, Taiwan etc.) desired
- Experience supporting international institutional and wealth management businesses desired