Operations Analyst (SQL a plus)
As an Operations Analyst, you will be a vital member of our global Operations Team responsible for creating, executing, and reviewing business and technical processes that support our flagship website, Moodys.com, and its associated products. You will be part of a regional team, serving both a global and regional set of cross-functional stakeholders and external customers. You will work both reactively, in response to customer issues and queries, and proactively, designing new systems and processes in a Agile fashion.
- Act as Data Subject Matter Expert with a solid understanding of the data and data processes that drive our products.
- Provide guidance in building new operational processes.
- Lead and contribute towards resolving escalated production issues, maintenance projects, and enhancement initiatives, with supervision.
- Second-tier support including identifying, resolving and/or escalating client-reported product issues.
- Monitor and act upon system-generated reports for time-sensitive and regulated data feeds.
- Partner with teams such as Product Strategy, Development, Client Services and IT to meet business demands.
- Contribute to Business Continuity Planning.
- Support requests to maintain website content.
- Create and maintain documentation for team knowledge base.
- Please note that due to the nature of this role, out of hours work will be occasionally necessary.
- 2+ years of experience in an operational or support role.
- Experience writing SQL queries (Sybase, Microsoft SQL server) is a plus.
- Experience documenting process flows using visual aids (ex: MS Visio, PowerPoint).
- Solid understanding of Agile methodologies.
- Ability to handle multiple projects with some supervision .
- Proven ability to complete a project from implementation to launch.
- Excellent troubleshooting capabilities including root cause analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High attention to detail with excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Operations Research or a related field required. Master's degree is a plus.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.