Operations Analyst, Business Support - Global Asset Management (1-Year Contract)
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you're looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities.
Global Asset Management, the investment management business of the HSBC Group, serves HSBC's worldwide customer base of retail and private clients, intermediaries, corporates and institutions invested in both segregated accounts and pooled funds. Global Asset Management fulfills its purpose of connecting HSBC's clients with investment opportunities around the world through an international network of offices in approximately 30 countries, delivering global capabilities with local market insight.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Operations Analyst, Business Support. Principal responsibilities
- Perform daily monitoring and management of outsourced back office processes, which includes reconciliations between Front Office and Back Office records, to investigate the possible discrepancies between the two systems records and determine the appropriate adjustment to ensure the start of day front office cash and securities record will be accurate.
- Participate in group projects with respect to front office system migration, support system development and conduct UAT
- Ensure any new operations processes are compliant with Global Standards, Financial Crime Compliance and Regulatory Compliance initiatives, such that any operational risk will be well controlled.
- Prepare and review project documentation and ongoing operations procedures, to ensure all processes are properly documented and implemented.
- Actively participate in project meetings and conference calls with different departments in the Hong Kong, London and India offices.
- Optimize existing processes and enhance the overall efficiency of the department.
- Support business growth including new products, new fund launches and new instruments.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field.
- Several years of fund operations experience with a strong understanding of the end to end operations process.
- Prior experience in asset management middle or back office operations is an advantage.
- Knowledge in Bloomberg AIM is an advantage.
- Self motivated and ability to work under pressure
- Well organised and ability to prioritise different tasks effectively.
- Good analytical skill and able to work independently to resolve a problem.
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- Demonstrates strong MS Excel and Word skills.
- This is a morning shift role from 7am to 4pm
- This is 1 year contract role
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.