Operations - Senior Manager - Portfolio & Derivatives
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page
- 25 Apr 18 2018-04-25
Senior Management level operations role with broad level of exposure in a global organisation. A great opportunity for career-driven individuals with a desire to progress.
A global asset management company with investments spread across key markets all over the world . The business has over 6000 staff worldwide, giving employees unparalleled opportunities for movement and progression.
The APAC Portfolio Services department that this role sits within, provides global end to end trade processing, portfolio administration/operation, derivatives operations and data management support.
The team will need to interact with stakeholders located across Australia, Japan, Taiwan and China.
- Lead the team, and provide guidance to improve processes.
- Review and verify all voluntary corporate action instructions to custodians to ensure they are handled timely and accurately.
- Provide oversight to ensure data integrity in systems we support.
- Lead the team members to ensure production support work-flow is smooth and production requests are handled timely.
- Review and consolidate the statistic reports from team members and issue a monthly operational statistic reports to head of division.
- Perform on-going review of procedures due to change of client or market requirements and escalate any potential issues and concerns.
- Proactively contribute ideas, research and recommend continuous improvement opportunities.
- Liaise with various internal departments to resolve issues arisen from various systems failures.
- Liaise with external applications vendors to tackle processing issues if necessary.
- Act as the representative for APAC on global projects.
- Attend client due diligence meeting and walk through the APAC securities operations work flow.
- Provide mentor-ship and guidance to the team members. Act as resource manager to ensure staffing level is adequate and act as people manager to direct team.
The successful candidate will have most of the following attributes:
- Extensive Securities / Investment industry experience in a people manager role.
- Prior Derivatives and Corporate Actions Operations experience.
- Excellent knowledge of investment products, especially Asia markets.
- Customer focus and with a keen interest in providing superb services to clients.
- Good written and verbal communication in both English and Chinese, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills. Prior experience of dealing with individuals of all levels in an organisation is essential.
- Excellent organisational skills, detail oriented, big picture perspective and work under pressure with tight deadline.
- Excellent research, analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Maintain strong connections with all levels of colleagues in a cross-functional global team environment.
- Ability to mentor and lead a global project team.
- Strong facilitation and project management skills.
- Ability to understand technical details of system and data flow; and communicate technical concepts to business colleagues.
The successful candidate will a receive market-leading salary and benefits package, and an opportunity to join an expanding division of a global investment management company, giving the individual a great opportunity to progress internally and climb the career ladder.
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact on Matt Hollinshead +852 2848 9516.