Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Interactive Brokers has been at the forefront of the Fintech space for over 40 years. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features, all for the lowest cost to our customers. To achieve that, we seek to actively understand and prudently manage our Firmwide risk profile.
As part of our expanding Enterprise Risk Management organization, Interactive Brokers is seeking to recruit an Operational Risk Manager.
The role will provide subject matter expertise and execute monitoring in support of the effective management of operational risk. Responsibilities include the alignment of the Operational Risk Management Framework to industry standards, execution of the Risk & Control Self-Assessment, Event analysis and Remediation, development and monitoring of Key Risk Indicators (KRIs), Scenario Analysis and the monitoring of the Firms operational risk profile against its Risk Appetite.
- Support the Head of Operational Risk in executing all aspects of the Operational Risk Management Framework
- Partner with risk owners in the business to execute the RCSA program, ensuring results are documented appropriately, are actionable and are defensible to third party review
- Conduct targeted risk assessments on areas of highest residual risk to identify opportunities for control enhancement and risk mitigation
- Map operational processes in complex parts of the business, overlay controls and work with process owners to identify enhancements and efficiencies
- Participate in firmwide projects to identify, assess and manage operational risks related to delivery of the IB business model
- Build and monitor Key Risk Indicators, escalating changes to the risk profile to risk owners including breaches of risk appetite limits, and identifying remedial strategies to bring exposures within tolerance
- Conduct root cause analysis on events/incidents and agree control enhancements with process owners
- Conduct analysis on the operating model – risks and controls – at the request the Head of Operational Risk or the Chief Risk Officer
- 5+ years in Operational Risk or related function (first line control, audit) in financial services
- Strong working knowledge of Operational Risk Management Frameworks – practical experience in executing RCSAs, conducting event analysis and risk assessments
- Knowledge of OR industry best practice and regulatory standards – forward thinking approach to application of risk standards
- Highly diligent individual - results driven and hard working – ability to execute risk assessments to a high degree of quality; professionally skeptical
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent work ethic, highly credible and influential presenter (verbal and written); strong communicator and influencer; team player
- Superior analytical abilities and decision-making skills; ability to exercise independent judgment
- Demonstrate strong ability to write clearly and concisely
- Working knowledge of APAC regulations with regards to Operational Risk, and industry practices for global brokers or other financial services companies
- Strong MS Office skills
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced education degree preferred.