Officer/ Senior Officer/ Assistant Manager/ Manager/ Senior Manager, IFRS 17 Business Analyst, System & Solution Workstream
At Prudential, we understand that success comes from the talent and commitment of our people. Together, we have a shared vision in securing the future of our customers and our communities. We strive to build a business that you can shape, an inclusive workplace where everyone's ideas are valued and a culture where we can thrive together. Our people stay connected and tuned in to what's happening around us, keeping us ahead of the curve. While focused on the long-term, we look to the future to bring growth, development and benefit to everyone whose lives we touch.
Responsible for performing systems assessment and upgrades as required for IFRS 17, to conclude operational assessment and to translate accounting requirements into system requirements Job Responsibilities
- Design financial systems and process changes based on accounting interpretations, tested and implemented in preparation for the new standard.
- Supervise & review/ prepare detailed design for IFRS 17 Financial Statements generation and data requirements
- Review Finance specifications for systems gap assessment based on data requirements, and supervise build of new Systems for IFRS17 (e.g. DWH or sub-ledger, Expense or Investment systems)
- Oversee/ implement new IFRS 17 accounting logic or actuarial calculation logic in Sub-ledger and SunGL
- Involve in accounting system calibration, users acceptance test and financial reports customization
- Understanding of the requirement and functional design specification (FDS) of the system project and prepare the related testing plan.
- Co-ordinate with IT or other parties to ensure the data and systems after development fulfill the user requirements
- Collaborate and work with internal stakeholders and communicate with ITAM/ vendor to facilitate the testing process and the resolution of issues. Follow up with ITAM/ vendor on fix deployment and retest to ensure results are complete and accurate. Conduct user training as required.
- Devise and implement control procedures to assure data integrity and quality assurance of deliverables. Document manuals and procedures of finance processes as required.
Act as backfill to perform BAU tasks as required.
- Develop the IFRS 17 reporting data flow and process flow
- Create Test Strategy, Test stage plans and Test Sign-off reports (for Manager grade or above)
Perform user acceptance testing based on project schedule and to report any issues encountered in a precise and timely manner. (for Assistant Manager grade and below)
- University degree holder in Business/ Commerce or Information Technology. Qualified accountant is preferred.
- At least 9-10 (SM)/7-8 (M)/5-6 (AM)/4 (SO)/2 (O) years relevant working experience of finance in major insurance companies and/or large-scale project implementation
- Strong technical knowledge in financial accounting, controls and processes
- Proficiency in computer skills such as Microsoft Office Suite, Visual Basic and Brio Query
- Strong project management and influencing skills to work effectively across organizational boundary
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible in adapting to changing priorities and to work independently with limited supervision
- Strong written and verbal language skills in Cantonese and English