Officer Operations, Settlement
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- To organize the execution of settlements for clients and other related needs with excellent service standards.
- Take proactive action to ensure continuous improvement and effective risk management in order to protect clients' and Bank's interests.
- Support the business in meeting its obligations on the prevention of money laundering under the Group's policy and Standards, and under local law and regulations Organise and supervise the execution of settlement activities for local equities as required and work closely with external parties such as counterparties to meet clients' needs.
- Work closely with sales and other team and other divisions of the Bank for funding requirement and other operating requirements to ensure high clients service levels.
- Resolve all problematic transactions on operations and proactively work closely with internal & external parties such as counterparties and the central depository to pre-empt potential service level issues.
- Ensure the settlement operations are running in accordance with the rules laid down in the Departmental Operating Instructions Manual at all times.
- Process direct debit transfer for CMU payment for clients appoint SCBHK as its correspondent bank
- Place tender orders received from the bank's Treasury dealers in eCMT
- University graduate
- Minimum 1 year of settlement experience
- Hands on experience in the settlement operation.
- Detail-minded, responsible and able to work under pressure
- Good interpersonal and communications skill, hard-working and eager to learn
- Strong PC skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Proficiency in both spoken English and Cantonese.
- Knowledge in global markets settlement is an advantage
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.