Officer - International Trade Operations
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific ( www.apac.bnpparibas )
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
* excluding partnerships
Ensure transactions are complied with regulatory and the bank's control framework.
- Handle transaction process into application systems for all international trade transactions.
- Follow-up with clients on both Import and Export products on maturity, irregularities clearance, instruction taken.
- As contact point with clients in clarifying unclear transaction instructions, get comments, and provide solutions to clients.
- Arrange accounting entries to accounting system on irregular items.
- Arrange SWIFT messages supplementing system generated.
- Handling transaction workflows system.
- Comply with the bank's regulatory requirements on Vigilance policy
- Responsible for reporting all incidents according to the Incident Management System
- Minimizing operational failure, including but not exclusively, the risk of fraud, by helping to devise, and by implementing, sufficient regular controls.
- To ensure appropriate escalation to management and/or Permanent Control (or Compliance as appropriate) as soon as an abnormal issue is identified.
- Operations are an integral part of the control framework including of AML/FS topics. In that respect, in performing your role you are expected to ensure adherence to AML/FS-related Group Policies and execution of associated operational controls, and to promptly escalate any resulting hit for analysis and decision.
- To contribute to the implementation of operational permanent control policies and procedures in day-to-day business activities, such as Control Plan.
Technical and Behavioral Competencies required
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- PC / systems operation knowledge
- MS Office operations
- Good team player, self-motivated with positive attitude and willing to work under pressure.
- High accuracy and efficient rate
Experience and Qualifications required
- Advanced Diploma or above
- 1-2 years relative experience