- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Societe Generale
- 15 Oct 18
Société Générale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world daily. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
Our expertise in the Asia Pacific region ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Securities Services, Trade Finance and Cash Management Services. Leveraging on our formidable global footprint, we serve corporates, financial institutions and the public sector. With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong, we operate in 11 countries across Asia Pacific, employing over 6,600 employees. You can find us in Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo, Singapore, Mumbai, Sydney and other locations in the region.
At Société Générale we have developed - and continue to develop - advanced programs to support your career development. A diverse and comprehensive Learning & Development program, a Junior program for graduates and a Remuneration policy that stimulates your growth are just a few examples that illustrate how we help you to fulfill yourself personally and professionally, and how we develop your ability to adapt to ever-changing environments and transform challenges into opportunities.
Welcome to the IT Infrastructure department, Global Technical Services (GTS).
IT infrastructure is one of the major stakes for the bank and is at the heart of Société Générale group's strategy.
Today, the Digital Transformation raises important challenges around IT Architecture, Infrastructure and Security. Many of these challenges are opportunities to imagine new experiences for our clients and new way to deliver IT services.
Within the Resources and Innovation division, GTS department plays a key role in the Digital Transformation. With more than 3500 GTS staff located across the world, GTS develops innovative projects while delivering operational excellence for infrastructure services to 148,000 employees and 32 million external clients.
GTS staff motivation comes from the new technologies they deliver to enhance agility of the various business lines (Cloud, Big Data, Continuous Delivery)
You will be on boarded in the Telecom and Network team that develops and maintains the following services: Market Access Connectivity, WAN Connectivity, User connectivity and Datacenter network.
The team is composed of DevOps Network Administrators and Developers using Agile methodologies.
Candidate's mission is:
- Design, implement and support network infrastructure in Asia/Pacific
- Ensure and enhance Asia Pacific Network and Telecom services being offered are in line with business requirement in terms of stability, resilience and performance
- Understand, define, and prioritize Asia business needs on infrastructure requirement
- Represent the team on client side
- Represent Asia team for global topic
- Ensure global standard and best practices are well implemented in all network infrastructure
- Ensure technical documentation are properly maintained
- Be the technical reference and propose new architecture to enhance client added value
- Maintain and update monitoring tools and dashboards
- Be opened to new technologies by proposing and studying new potential solution for the business
Academic Background and Certifications, Experience
University degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent with a post graduate degree being advantageous
- Strong knowledge in network and telecommunication
- Strong knowledge in hardware network device: Cisco, F5, Juniper, McAffee, Checkpoint, Fortinet, etc...
- Broad understanding of Fundamental Infrastructure Areas (Network, Operating Systems, Servers, Storage, DHCP, DNS, etc...)
- Familiar with multicast environments
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Production awareness
- Ability to communicate and present in an understandable manner in both verbal and written
- Have strong team spirit
- Client oriented mindset
- Basic knowledge of Asian markets and trading activities
- Basics in coding language (Python, Bash), automation tools (Ansible, …) and Continuous Delivery framework
- Experience in an infrastructure team of similar size.
- Knowledge of software related to Infrastructure Management
- Experience in a bank of similar size
- Experience in Scrum development, Automated testing and main applicative design patterns.
- Cisco Certification