An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced tech lead to join a Silicon Valley tech company, with an a-grade tech team in Hong Kong! The tech team is split into three sub-teams & you'll be responsible for leading 4-6 full stack devs. Although you won't be coding 100% of the time, you'll need to possess excellent tech skills with the ability to dive into the detail or conduct code reviews when needed! Plus, you'll still need to clear my client's standard tech interviews. After all, how can your team expect you to guide them technically, if you're feeling rusty?
What do we expect from you?
- You are accountable for your team and it's down to you to guide them to achieve a high level of tech productivity/reliability.
- Set the direction and clear objectives that are aligned to the company's roadmap and goals.
- Work collaboratively with various teams to solve complex problems and define the technical roadmap.
- Be passionate about driving best practices and following an Agile/TDD approach. Utilising the latest tools and tech to make an impact.
- Contribute to interviewing and hiring for your team and the wider tech team.
What skill set should you bring to the table?
- Deep experience with system design and general-purpose programming languages. It doesn't matter what you've used before, this company's philosophy is that strong engineers should be tech agnostic and able to pick up new tools/tech on the fly.
- Proven track record in managing and leading small to mid-sized teams (at least 3 engineers!). You'll have experience conducting regular one-to-ones, performance reviews, appraisals and interviewing/hiring. As well as nurturing your engineers to progress and become leaders themselves.
- Excellent communicator who is well-versed in collaborating with cross-functional regional and global teams.
- PASSIONATE about driving best practices, Agile/Test Driven Development, using best in class technologies and solving complex problems.
- It's a big plus if you've successfully delivering complex projects for web applications and services.
If you're intrigued to hear more about what this company does, their culture and why you should join, drop me an email today!