• Conduct targeted QA reviews in order to assess and review compliance with legal, regulatory and internal Bank policy requirements;
• Escalate potential issues and exception items noted during the review process to Head of M&S APAC for discussion and further investigation if deemed necessary;
• Prepare and distribute reports to Senior Compliance Management detailing review findings and recommendations; report on significant activities conducted and planned for the upcoming period;
• Identify control gaps and implement remediation plans for issues identified;
• Ensure M&S procedures are enhanced to formalize local controls in alignment with Group requirements, including the gathering and evidencing of supporting documentation;
• Work with others across APAC Compliance on transversal quality control and assurance related initiatives;
• Conceptualize and assist in the developing of new M&S reviews to address emerging trends and identify red flags within the M&S Program;
• Mitigate risks of exposure through process change proposals and escalations of recommendations within M&S through Senior Compliance Management;
• Lead working groups that focus on enhancing controls/quality of the trade surveillance program; define time tables and project plans while focusing on strategic initiatives;
• Assist the Head of M&S APAC with examinations by the Bank’s regulators and internal auditors/IG;
• Assist the Head of M&S APAC with the monitoring and resolution of IG issues.
• Conduct investigations/projects as deemed necessary by M&S/Senior Compliance Management; and
• Drive the institution of a culture of excellence with regard to staff development and performance.
• Test and re-validate the integrity of global and local M&S models/reports including, but not limited to: logic, data inputs/feeds and methodology compared to the current regulatory compliance requirements/standards for trading products across all major asset classes;
• Liaise with M&S analysts and ITO in the development, review, and testing of new automated surveillance models and exception report output to clarify requirements; participate in the process and/or review results and mitigate issues;
• Evaluate and analyze trading “alerts” generated from automated surveillances, exceptions generated from exception reports, and investigate potential trading issues flagged by the business units, for potential flaws in the surveillance logic/methodology;
• Enhance M&S procedures for model review to meet regulatory requirements; document the testing and implementation of enhancements and solutions;
• Identify gaps in internal controls and trade surveillances across asset classes; and
• Interact with Businesses, M&S analysts and Compliance advisory to gather model related information and clarify model related questions; communicate findings and recommendations
• University graduate with major in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance or Law or equivalent qualification
• At least 5 years’ compliance / Middle Office / Back Office experience, experience in monitoring and surveillance is preferred
• Experience or specialization in an asset class such as Equities / Equities Derivatives / FI / FX
• Strong knowledge of APAC market regulations, particularly in relation to Equities industry; preferably some exposure to rules and regulations of the HKMA, SFC
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including writing, with the ability to interact effectively with front and back office staff and senior management
• High attention to details
• Strong analytical and investigative skills
• Ability to manage multi task, and handle multiple compliance reviews and projects at the same time and meet deadlines
• Proactive in identifying risks and proposing solutions
Education Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)
Experience Level: At least 3 years
Company reg no: 201131609D
EA Licence: 11C4684
EA reg no: R1877280
It’s easy to get pompous about what we do. To name drop our global clients or wax lyrical about ‘pioneering psychometric testing’. But if you’re not careful, you lose sight of what’s really important; relationships and people.
Without relationships, you don’t truly understand the client, their business culture and who they really need. You miss the nuances of each candidate, the human behind the CV and what makes them tick. And the ‘right fit’ slowly starts to blister.
Since 1999, LMA has supplied great candidates to blue-chip businesses in London and Singapore. We draw on in-depth market intelligence and use industry-leading tools to search, screen and select. We have specialist consultants and a global network. And we’re professional beyond measure.
But we never lose sight of what matters; how important the right people are to businesses, and the right careers are to people.