Our client is one of the leading local corporate banks, and it is seeking a versatile professional to join their credit risk team. Duties include develop, implement and maintain quantitative credit risk models / scorecards and systems to assess the default likelihood, recovery expectations and volatility for different segments of the Bank’s portfolio.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and maintain credit rating models for the measurement and management of credit risk for different segments of the Bank’s wholesale portfolios such as corporate, real estate, FI.
- Develop and maintain user requirements, parameters and configurations of wholesale rating systems.
- On-going monitoring of model performance and rating migrations
- Work closely with independent model validators to ensure adherence to the governance framework for model deployment and ensure timely closure of validation issues.
- Active engagement with stakeholders to develop analytic solutions using outputs from such models in credit decision, business strategies, risk appetite setting and provisioning and capital assessment
- Good university degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Financial Engineering etc) with a clear ability for handling data and performing quantitative analysis.
- Good understanding and hands-on in Corporate credit, with minimum 2 years relevant experience.
- Proficient in computational skills of MS Excel / SQL / SAS or etc.
- Analytical and independent thinker with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in risk management or statistical analytics will be an advantage.
- Able to multi-task in a complex and changing environment.
- A team player as well as able to work independently.