Model Validation Manager (Credit Risk)
- In accordance with regulatory requirements, carry out qualitative and quantitative validation of models (including frameworks) related to market risk, interest rate risk, liquidity risk, counterparty credit risk, etc., by assessing model logic, assumptions and technical approaches, evaluating model implementation and performance
- Manage validation process including planning, executing project activities, monitoring milestones, controlling quality of deliverables, liaising with different internal or external parties, and defending fact-based validation results.
- Conduct research to experiment with different analytic ideas using varying technical approaches; track regulatory direction by frequently sorting through the latest regulatory documentation and closely follow best industry practice.
- Prepare reports and communicate to the management, internal and external auditors, the board, regulators and other related stakeholders.
- Establish and review policies and procedural guidelines regularly.
- Degree or above with major in Management Science (or Operations Research), Statistics, Finance, Computer Science, Economics, Engineering or equivalent analytic disciplines. An additional MBA is an advantage.
- At least a 3-year proven tracking record of effectively performing model-related activities such as development, implementation, application or validation of varying credit risk models in financial institutions, consultancy or regulatory bodies. An assistant manager role would be considered, if less or no experience is involved.
- Proficiency in technical tools such as SAS, VBA or Python . Sophisticated understanding of regulatory requirements in areas such as IRB, stress testing, IFRS9.
- Sophisticated analytic capacity and business thinking.
- Self-motivated, willing to learn, detail-minded and with passion for analytic excellence.
- A team player with effective communication and interpersonal skills is a mandate.
- Excellent in both written and spoken English and Chinese.