Mobile Insurance Sales Team Leader - Retail Banking and Wealth Management
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 08 Nov 17 2017-11-08
Some careers shine brighter than others
If you’re looking for a role that will help you stand out at HSBC, take a look at how you can fulfil your potential.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves more than 50 million customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Mobile Insurance Sales Team Leader.
In this role, you will
- Drive and implement insurance strategies with focus on the Non Resident Chinese customers in Hong Kong in accordance with the Bancassurance model under group initiatives
- Manage a team of Insurance Specialists to provide professional advice on appropriate insurance solutions to meet the insurance and protection needs of Non Resident Chinese customers
- Support Distribution Sales Management team to drive network plans, coordinate with the divisional teams to implement strategies and share best practices
- Work to ensure quality business referrals and referral skills among team members and proactively contribute to product knowledge and skills sharing
- Supervise and monitor a team of Insurance Specialists for the Non Resident Chinese segments by providing appropriate customer needs fulfillment training and managem0065nt support
- Provide proper coaching and training to uplift the competency and quality of own team in order to ensure consistent delivery of excellent results
- Encourage staff development through training, guidance and effective people management
- Maintain high level of compliance guidelines and procedures
- Ensure self and team activities comply with relevant legal and regulatory requirements as well as HSBC Practice standards and procedures
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Tertiary or university level education, preferably in finance, business or a related discipline
- Proven ability to achieve business objectives with sound track record
- Effective coaching skills and business acumen
- Strong capability in managing a sales team with hands on experience in understanding clients’ needs.
- Proven track record in providing life insurance solutions to clients with exposure to Non Resident Chinese clients, preferably in Bancassurance field
- Insurance related license are required, including Hong Kong Securities and Investment Institute Paper 1, 7, 8 and Insurance Intermediaries Qualifying Examination Paper 1,2,3,5.
- Good level of English in reading and writing and fluent in Mandarin are required
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and motivational skills
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000995S
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited