Middle Office Specialist - Equity Derivatives
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Financial Markets Middle Office was set up in 2016 to deliver first class trade support, business enablement and accurate / timely trade representation in order to meet obligations to clients, counterparties and regulators. We are product and process subject matter experts aligned to the Global Financial Markets business providing follow the sun support, a continuous improvement mindset and industry connectivity.
- Book, reconcile, validate trader's executions (including but not limited to Equity, FX, listed, Bond, FX Derivatives, IR Derivatives and Credit Derivatives)
- Own query remediation, trade life-cycling and other day-to-day processing, ensuring timely escalation, in order to minimise risk
- Understand the Equity, FX, listed, Bond, FX Derivatives, IR Derivatives and Credit Derivatives lifecycle from front to back and be the subject matter expert and go-to person for the core systems processing
- Drive continuous improvement and innovate:
- Partner with Technology to deliver transformation
- Work with FO to identify booking model improvements and drive efficiency
- Face of Operations to Commodities Desk locally - primary point of contact:
- Insulate FM from post execution processing / queries, represent Operations functions
- Build team profile with the Front Office
- Stakeholder engagement, 2-way flow of information - "Trusted Advisor"
- New business enablement and solutions, partner to deliver strategic FM initiatives
- Constantly seek opportunities to improve global consistency, work closely with the Hubs (GBS) and other regions to close gaps and standardise processes.
- Build strong relationship with Hub teams (GBS) to facilitate efficient communications and speedy resolutions of issues:
- Identify and close knowledge gaps within the Hubs through hands on training
- Daily KPI monitoring vs SLA
- Engage with industry bodies and vendors to identify opportunities to enhances processes and systems and drive efficiency
- Be the subject matter expert for MIS, cost-per-trade, touch points per trade - drive their evolution and identify areas to proactively add value through improved data
- Be aware of, and strive to reduce, vendor costs
- Operations representation for external/internal and regulator scheduled audits:
- Ensure Audit points are addressed within time lines
- Achieve regulatory compliance and future proof the Middle Office model through a strong understanding of current rules and anticipation of upcoming regulations
- Adherence to Ops Risk Framework standards of implementation and process management:
Our Ideal Candidate
- Continuous review of procedures and booking model
- University degree preferred
- Subject matter expert of Commodities products in terms of product characteristics, risk, market data and P&L:
- Solid Financial Markets experience ideally from a top tier bank
- Understanding of front to back process and systems flows
- Analytical and process improvement mindset
- Strong inter-personal skills:
- Confident communicator able to adapt style to Front Office and offshore colleagues
- Ability to influence demanding individuals
- Impact and gravitas to drive meetings with senior Ops and FO management
- Demonstrate strong teamwork and values mindset
- Thrive on working in fast paced environment while maintaining attention to detail
- Fast learner with the ability to think out of the box and provide solutions
- Knowledge of Murex preferable plus Commodities Products
- Proficient in Excel (pivots, lookups and basic VBA an advantage)
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.