Markets Compliance Consultant, Asia-Pacific
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Wells Fargo Bank
- 14 Dec 17 2017-12-14
An exciting opportunity to work on a busy trading floor in the Markets Compliance team!
About Wells Fargo: Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,500 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 273,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune’s 2017 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories.
We are looking for a high caliber candidate to join the team in the following key position:
Markets Compliance Consultant, Asia-Pacific
We are now looking for an experienced professional to join our Compliance function in Hong Kong and provide broad-ranging Compliance support for our Wholesale Banking markets businesses in Asia (primarily Fixed Income Sales & Trading, FX/Rates, Investment Banking Capital Markets and Asset Management). The successful candidate will be intimately involved in advising the relevant business lines and developing and maintaining an effective control framework and regime designed to identify, manage and mitigate regulatory risks. This position offers the opportunities and challenges presenting themselves when establishing or enhancing a compliance management infrastructure, program and culture to align with the build-out or expansion in Asia-Pacific of successful Wells Fargo businesses during a period of corporate integration and strategic business expansion.
• Developing, maintaining and enhancing an effective Compliance and Risk infrastructure in Hong Kong and other Asian jurisdictions (ex-Japan) to accommodate applicable legal and regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo enterprise or line of business policies with a view to identifying, assessing and mitigating compliance and risks
• Implementing and administering Compliance and Risk control systems and procedures and monitoring programs for markets businesses; discussing findings or issues and remedial action with business line; undertaking ad hoc issue escalation and periodic reporting to senior management
• Providing comprehensive Compliance and Risk advisory support for current and new or modified business initiatives and in any development, integration or rationalization of markets business activities in applicable jurisdictions
• Interacting with regulatory authorities with respect to general enquiries, licensing, ongoing conduct and reporting requirements, and new or modified business initiatives; leading the response to Compliance and Risk monitoring and testing initiatives, internal audits and external regulatory exams
• Developing and delivering Compliance training to enhance awareness and knowledge of applicable laws and regulatory requirements
The ideal candidate will have:
• Relevant university degree and minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience gained in an international financial centre. Legal or regulatory background viewed advantageously
• Good knowledge of securities laws and regulations in Hong Kong and/or Singapore. Some familiarity with equivalent securities laws and regulations in other Asian jurisdictions, and U.S. securities and bank holding company laws and regulations desirable
• Good understanding of the general operation of international financial markets and the conduct of business on a cross-border basis
• Good understanding of the purpose and importance of effective regulatory oversight, risk management and corporate governance
• Good understanding of full service global financial institution, including bank and securities operations, and knowledge of financial products/services offered by Wells Fargo, desirable
• Ability to identify Compliance and risks and advise on, promote, develop and implement suitable controls, policies and procedures to effectively monitor and mitigate those risks
• Ability to identify and advise business line management of changes in the regulatory and compliance environment and design and implement appropriate Compliance and Risk solutions
• Ability to influence stakeholders outside of immediate span of control
• Excellent oral, presentation and written communication skills; self-motivated; confidence to communicate proactively and effectively with peers and senior management; ability to manage to a set of deadlines and deliverables with limited supervision.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.