Markets - Struturer - Assistant Vice President
The Structurer is a seasoned professional role. Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge, contributing to the development of new techniques and the improvement of processes and work-flow for the area or function. Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the function and overall business. Evaluates moderately complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, where development of an approach/taking of an action involves weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting situations using multiple sources of information. Requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic material from multiple sources. Strong communication and diplomacy skills are required. Regularly assumes informal/formal leadership role within teams. Involved in coaching and training of new recruits. Significant impact in terms of project size, geography, etc. by influencing decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating services to others in area of specialization. Work and performance of all teams in the area are directly affected by the performance of the individual. Responsibilities:
- The Structurer will hold a key role including pricing, developing innovative financial products for investors.
- Payoff Risk and P&L impact pre-trade and post-trade scenario analysis
- Customized back tests and client portfolio analysis
- Participate to the pre-trade & post-sales effort, closely working with dedicated institutional sales
- Participate to the development of new products/payoffs
- Marketing presentations and participation to client meetings
- Work in close partnership with control functions such as Legal, Compliance, Market and Credit Risk, Audit, Finance in order to ensure appropriate governance and control infrastructure
- Build a culture of responsible finance, good governance and supervision, expense discipline and ethics
- Appropriately assess risk/reward of transactions when making business decisions; and ensure that all team members understand the need to do the same, demonstrating proper consideration for the firm's reputation.
- Be familiar with and adhere to Citi's Code of Conduct and the Plan of Supervision for Global Markets and Securities Services; and ensure that all team members understand the need to do the same
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as defined by your role which will be communicated to you
- Obtain and maintain all registrations/licenses which are required for your role, within the appropriate timeframe
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5-8 years structuring experience from a financial institution
- Demonstrated quantitative and analytical skills
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with multiple functional groups in a cohesive manner.
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required. Job Family Group:
Institutional Trading Job Family:
Structuring Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting