Market Data Technical Project Manager - Exchange Data & Business - Hong Kong
You're on the pulse with market movements and live for the details beyond the headlines. You love to build relationships and always look to provide excellent customer service. As a natural problem solver, you thrive with building innovative solutions to sophisticated problems. The Role
Bloomberg's Content & Entities Business Management team (CEBM) is seeking a Market Data Technical Project Manager to join our team. For this role, we are looking for an outstanding professional who has a mixture of strong analytical, project management, and technology skills and an ability to bring an ambitious vision to our Exchanges team. The Exchanges team supports over 350 trading venues globally and is constantly looking to improve our technical capabilities to effectively manage our market leading exchange content.
Market Data Technical Project Managers are responsible for formulating and delivering end-to-end technology solutions in line with strategic business objectives. They understand how market data is used by various Bloomberg products and customers and can collaborate with internal and external partners to implement enterprise wide initiatives. They are highly analytical individuals who can innovate and deliver in a multifaceted and constantly evolving, technical environment. We'll trust you to:
Leverage your experience in the financial industry and understanding of market data and technology to develop strategies to influence and direct the strategic direction of Bloomberg's exchange infrastructure. You'll not only excel in running day-to-day projects but you'll also keep an eye on the big picture and won't be afraid to upend existing systems and processes if need be. You'll periodically review the alignment of our technology with the business strategy and drive initiatives to constantly raise the bar of our capabilities to acquire and handle exchange content. How you will make an impact:
You'll need to have:
- Champion projects sought to transform Bloomberg's technical and business capabilities to run exchange services
- Build and lead the plans for moving technical solutions to production
- Leverage your strong analytic abilities to devise innovative market data technology solutions to influence the future direction of Bloomberg's infrastructure
- Assist with solving technical problems when they arise
- Build relationships with internal and external partners to understand their business needs; build consensus and strategies to deliver on those needs
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential risks and devise contingency plans
- Effectively communicate progress and success to partners in compelling, creative, and accessible ways
- Develop and deliver reports & requirements documentation
- Build rapport with programmers - keep them focused and projects moving
We'd love to see:
- Expertise with how market data is used by different products and customers
- 7+ years of industry experience, with a passion for leading projects involving new technology
- Experience leading financial technology projects involving teams of Engineers
- Understanding of market data software, network architecture, low latency parsers and systems
- Understanding of one or more technical languages; eg Ruby or Python, JAVA or C++ (hands-on coding experience not necessary)
- Ability to discuss deep technical concepts, evaluate trade-offs and devise innovative solutions with engineers
- Understanding of financial markets and the exchange market data industry
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations
- Experience leading cross-organizational teams and ability to work closely with engineers to deliver on aggressive schedules
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Problem solving aptitude
Does this sound like you?
- Demonstrated interest in programming
- Exposure to agile software development methodologies
- Business proficiency in Mandarin
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.