Market Data Financial Analyst
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific ( www.apac.bnpparibas )
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
* excluding partnerships
Market Data Administration:
• To monitor monthly market data expenses to ensure inventory and actual spending is in line.
• Ensure that invoices with APAC are well received.
• Reconcile market data invoices in APAC to ensure that invoices are charged correctly according to inventory record and justify all variances.
• Ensure prompt payment of market data invoices.
• Prepare accrual and prepayment entries.
• Assist with annual budget and forecast.
• Ad hoc market data spending report.
Business and Suppliers relationships
• Build a strong relationship with external vendors to ensure that invoices are paid on time.
• Build a strong relationship with business manager to provide information on market data spending and promote transparency.
• Build a strong relationship with different finance team, i.e. cost management, financial reporting and AP team in Asia.
• Ensure that the instructions and guidelines of the Group (esp. Procurement/Finance and Global ITI&P Governance) are respected
Specific duties/accountability include but are not limited to:
• Day to day market data invoice management. Ensuring Market Data invoices are accurately allocated and promptly paid
• Prepare inventory and spending report.
• Monitor monthly market data spending.
• Other administration tasks to ensure accuracy of market data spending.
Direct contribution to BNP Paribas operational permanent control framework
To promote useful innovation to enhance and simplify workflow
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
Essential Technical Knowledge/Skills:
• Proficiency with Market Data inventory tool - MDSL.
• Excellent Accounting and finance knowledge.
• Knowledge in market data industry. Experience with market data vendors, e.g. Thomson Reuters, Bloomberg.
• Excellent reconciliation, reporting, communication and presentation skills
• Analytical, detail-oriented and self-motivated
• Risk, Security and Cost awareness
• Ability to work under pressure